Replaced Battery, Now Sunroof Controls Messed Up

300gone330

Hubby changed out my battery today (fortunately, it didn't die on us one day earlier whilst we were 280+/- miles from home) as its Sunday, and no dealership is open. I assume the Lexus factory batt is only good for 4 years...?

Anyway, he tells me that the sunroof controls now seem to be crossed. That is, the tilt is controlling everything, to include slide forward and back, while the button that normally controls that, seems to be dead. I have not checked anything else, but I am sure the seat and radio memories are wiped (par for the course, and not a huge deal), but am also concerned about some who have mentioned needing a code to regain any radio access at all.

Anyway..the big issue here are the sunroof controls.

Before I have to schlep to the dealer, does anyone have experience with this? Your input would be most humbly appreciated.

Regards.

Hubby changed out my battery today (fortunately, it didn't die on us one day earlier whilst we were 280+/- miles from home) as its Sunday, and no dealership is open. I assume the Lexus factory batt is only good for 4 years...?

Anyway, he tells me that the sunroof controls now seem to be crossed. That is, the tilt is controlling everything, to include slide forward and back, while the button that normally controls that, seems to be dead. I have not checked anything else, but I am sure the seat and radio memories are wiped (par for the course, and not a huge deal), but am also concerned about some who have mentioned needing a code to regain any radio access at all.

Anyway..the big issue here are the sunroof controls.

Before I have to schlep to the dealer, does anyone have experience with this? Your input would be most humbly appreciated.

Regards.

Check the owners book, but I think to reset it, you hold the button all the way open until it closes again. Remember the old days when a sun roof had just a button and no *^&%$# COMPUTER.

Check the owners book, but I think to reset it, you hold the button all the way open until it closes again. Remember the old days when a sun roof had just a button and no *^&%$# COMPUTER.

Agreed, after replacing the battery on our 2004 RX330, I just had a similar issue with the power windows. I had to consult the manual and to my surprise, right there it said "after replacing the battery, you may experience an issue with the power windows ..."

You can call the dealer. I think you hold the button like you are trying to open...it will go all the way through a cycle open, close and then I think open agian. Once that is done it should be reprogramed. I have done it but I am not sure if that is how I did it or not.

Agreed, after replacing the battery on our 2004 RX330, I just had a similar issue with the power windows. I had to consult the manual and to my surprise, right there it said "after replacing the battery, you may experience an issue with the power windows ..."

Yes, found that...and the blank balance of the page with no "how to" fix it.

Amen!

Dealer charged me for an hour's labor on this BS...and we all KNOW it took 10 mins to correct. Not to mention, they also had a misc $13 shop fee. Had I been the one picking up the car, I would have called them to the carpet on the spot. As it is, I will have to call the shop mgr and ask why the hour labor and what the F the "shop supplies" are for this service call.

My mechanic did it in 30 sec. and for free.

Just called the service manager. They will be crediting me the entire bill. Mgr was not in that day, and he TOO has questions as to the charges. Feel much better now. As I told the Mgr, I dont mind paying labor/parts, etc when its a legit work order for a repair, but not to reset a computer (less than 5 mins).

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...