Lexus Lx 450 Phone And Sunroof

davisnetworks

Does anyone know how if the phone inside lexus LX 450 can be still used? It shows full signal and when you try to use it, a message says "welcome to verizon wireless". The problem is I have ATT Cingular, and I would like to use it. Is there anyway possible to buy the verizon refill cards to use it?

My next question is the sunroof slider is missing, and it gets annoying when driving down the road. Does anyone know where I could obtain one? Thanks!

- David

I doubt if ATT/Cingular would provide you with service for your Lexus analog phone since they have for several years been slowly withdrawing analog (and TDMA) service in preparation for the end of analog service in February 2008 --> http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/analogcellphone.html

Cingular has been trying to pry our GSM/TDMA/Analog phones out of our hands for the last year or so but we have held on to them since the Nokia kits we use them in mute our radios (00 LS400, 98 Camry) when a call is in progress. It is fairly easy to install a phone kit but if I had to start from scratch, these days, I would only install a Bluetooth kit. Do you have a handset that supports Bluetooth?

I suspect the sunroof part you need is most easily found at a Lexus dealer. I have bought quite a few parts from Sewell Lexus ( http://www.lexus-parts.com ) and they will normally give at least a modest discount off list price. Try submitting a quote request through their website.

I doubt if ATT/Cingular would provide you with service for your Lexus analog phone since they have for several years been slowly withdrawing analog (and TDMA) service in preparation for the end of analog service in February 2008 --> http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/analogcellphone.html

Cingular has been trying to pry our GSM/TDMA/Analog phones out of our hands for the last year or so but we have held on to them since the Nokia kits we use them in mute our radios (00 LS400, 98 Camry) when a call is in progress. It is fairly easy to install a phone kit but if I had to start from scratch, these days, I would only install a Bluetooth kit. Do you have a handset that supports Bluetooth?

I suspect the sunroof part you need is most easily found at a Lexus dealer. I have bought quite a few parts from Sewell Lexus ( http://www.lexus-parts.com ) and they will normally give at least a modest discount off list price. Try submitting a quote request through their website.

I use a Sony Ericson Phone with Bluetooth. I just thought it would be wonderfull to have the interior phone work, it has bigger buttons and simple to operate, Much safer while driving. I would like to use it, and would love to have it in service. Is there a way to possibly upgrade it to digital?

I use a Sony Ericson Phone with Bluetooth. I just thought it would be wonderfull to have the interior phone work, it has bigger buttons and simple to operate, Much safer while driving. I would like to use it, and would love to have it in service. Is there a way to possibly upgrade it to digital?

Your question has been asked hundreds of times on this and other Lexus forums. The short answer is "No".

What would be the best way into replacing the car phone if I wanted to? Would any of the Lexus Pre-Wired things be of any use? Thanks

I think the main aspect of the pre-wired phone system that would be of use would be the audio mute pin. Blake918 found a mute pin under the center armrest (on the driver side) of his 1995 LS400 and I am guessing you will find the same connector on your LX450 - do an advanced search on "Blake918" and "phone" and you will surely find his thread that shows a photo of the connector and mute pin.

You could probably go all the way and play the call through the door speakers if you want - find a thread about how Jainla did this on his 01 LS430. Or you could take the easy way out like Blake and I did and use an add-on speaker hidden under the dash. You can pick up a hot wire at the underdash fuse box or the ignition switch or in the prewire phone harness but the easiest way is to tap into the underdash fuse box (assuming an LX450 has one) with a dummy fuse adapter sold at auto parts stores - these plug into the fuse box and allow you to take power off a fuse with one or more connections coming out of the fuse.

If you remove your phone, avoid cutting any wires. Just unplug things. It will probably take some disassembly of your center console. I have no idea where the main phone ECU is on an LX450 but I assume that, when you find it (probably in the trunk or under the rear seat), you would would unplug the connectors from it and plug the large ones into each other.

There aren't all that many LX450s out there. A coworker of mine - who, BTW, bought my 90 LS from me - told me recently that he wants to buy one. He told me that he thinks they are a great buy.

Please post information about whatever you do on your LX - it might help others.

What would be the best way into replacing the car phone if I wanted to? Would any of the Lexus Pre-Wired things be of any use? Thanks

I think the main aspect of the pre-wired phone system that would be of use would be the audio mute pin. Blake918 found a mute pin under the center armrest (on the driver side) of his 1995 LS400 and I am guessing you will find the same connector on your LX450 - do an advanced search on "Blake918" and "phone" and you will surely find his thread that shows a photo of the connector and mute pin.

You could probably go all the way and play the call through the door speakers if you want - find a thread about how Jainla did this on his 01 LS430. Or you could take the easy way out like Blake and I did and use an add-on speaker hidden under the dash. You can pick up a hot wire at the underdash fuse box or the ignition switch or in the prewire phone harness but the easiest way is to tap into the underdash fuse box (assuming an LX450 has one) with a dummy fuse adapter sold at auto parts stores - these plug into the fuse box and allow you to take power off a fuse with one or more connections coming out of the fuse.

If you remove your phone, avoid cutting any wires. Just unplug things. It will probably take some disassembly of your center console. I have no idea where the main phone ECU is on an LX450 but I assume that, when you find it (probably in the trunk or under the rear seat), you would would unplug the connectors from it and plug the large ones into each other.

There aren't all that many LX450s out there. A coworker of mine - who, BTW, bought my 90 LS from me - told me recently that he wants to buy one. He told me that he thinks they are a great buy.

Please post information about whatever you do on your LX - it might help others.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it sounds to me that the interior phone is no longer usable and I will have to take it out. I an going to figure out someway to get one working. I have not owned this LX450 That long (took me forever to find it), its been a good SUV so far. Has all of the factory options except for the lockers, which I don't need anyway. Thanks for your help! If anyone else has modded or put a newer phone in their LX450 I would love to hear what you have done!