Ls430 Oil Recommendation

tgcLS430

Hello all, fairly new to this board and am looking for recommendations for oil to use for a 2004 LS430. I realize this has probably been discussed in great detail and tried to search the forum under key word "oil" but the forum search engine requires at least 4 letters in search words and I can't find any old threads discussing oil recommendations. I have used Mobil 1 5W-30 in most of my Toyotas with no problem and am thinking of using it in my LS430 I just purchased as well, but thought I would check the collective wisdom of the other owners before I change the oil for the winter. Any info you can provide is appreciated.

Just changed my oil using new Amsoil product.

Gas mileage went up 2.7 MPG

It was really unbelievable. I've driven the same trip dozens of times never getting more than 26.8 MPG. This time I got 29.5.

As an added bonus, smoother and with more power.

A 10% MPG increase =$6-7 per tankful.

http://www.amsoil.com/articlespr/2007/pr_SSO.aspx

Stick with the viscosity recommendation in the owner's manual. Any API approved oil (conventional or synthetic) will do fine if you're following the recommended oil change interval.

I use Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 and a Super-Tech (Wal-Mart) filter and follow the recommended 5k mile oil change interval. This is not a recommendation for Pennzoil or Super-Tech; it's just what I've chosen to use.

The link below is a good place to spend a few hours. Lots of interesting reading and worth the time spent.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

BTW, Amsoil is good stuff. I can't recall reading any negative press about their products.