Better Mpg - 90-94 Ls Or 95-97 Ls?

90LS400Lexus

IF properly tuned, which generation LS typically gets better MPGs? I am considering a 91 LS and a 95 LS and just wondering about this. I think my old 90' LS got decent mileage. I think that the 95-97s are slightly lighter than the 90-94s (like about 100 lbs), so I am assuming that those would get a LITTLE better mileage?

With gas prices soaring, every little bit helps! :)

Thanks in advance!

IF properly tuned, which generation LS typically gets better MPGs? I am considering a 91 LS and a 95 LS and just wondering about this. I think my old 90' LS got decent mileage. I think that the 95-97s are slightly lighter than the 90-94s (like about 100 lbs), so I am assuming that those would get a LITTLE better mileage?

With gas prices soaring, every little bit helps! :)

Thanks in advance!

LOL Buy A Prius if thats a consideration///////////////////

The GenIIs get slightly better mileage (I think one of the reasons being that the rpms are a little lower on the hwy), but it's going to take a long time to recoup the cost of a more expensive car that only gets an extra 2mpg on the hwy.

The GenIIs get slightly better mileage (I think one of the reasons being that the rpms are a little lower on the hwy), but it's going to take a long time to recoup the cost of a more expensive car that only gets an extra 2mpg on the hwy.

Even if you are using premium unleaded gasoline as recommended, then it will take a while to recoup. A little easier might be to get a Shell Mastercard which is offering 5% back on Shell gasoline purchases, and it is a Top Tier gasoline! This does not seem to be an introductory rate and there are a plethora of Shell stations, at least in the D/FW area.

post-53431-1195939443_thumb.jpg

Thanks Charles and Blake for that info. Seems like the 91' may be the way for me to go, for a # of reasons... (despite the fact that the 95' is a beautiful, newer style car)

1- I told the guy I wanted it

2- it has had ALL maintainence done, including new timing belt/water pump

3- it is a total of $2000 less money

4- I am already familiar with the gen 1 models

5- taxes will also be lower on the 91' and it should be cheaper to insure (full coverage)?

6- the owner of the 91' is much more responsive than the owner of the 95'

Thanks guys!

Even if you are using premium unleaded gasoline as recommended, then it will take a while to recoup. A little easier might be to get a Shell Mastercard which is offering 5% back on Shell gasoline purchases, and it is a Top Tier gasoline! This does not seem to be an introductory rate and there are a plethora of Shell stations, at least in the D/FW area.