Gs 430 Ride Quality

I knew to expect a firm performance ride, but I'm really quite disappointed in the ride of my GS430. I have the run flat tires.

Otherwise, I absolutely love the vehicle.

My tires are noisy.

Anyone have the same issue or is there a tire that would clear up this problem. I'm willing to give up some of the performance to gain a quieter ride.

Thanks for any feedback

PS...My Lexus dealer said "Its just normal"......my comment to her was....maybe Lexus isn't as good as you say they are.

I knew to expect a firm performance ride, but I'm really quite disappointed in the ride of my GS430. I have the run flat tires.

My tires are noisy.

Anyone have the same issue or is there a tire that would clear up this problem. I'm willing to give up some of the performance to gain a quieter ride.

Thanks for any feedback

PS...My Lexus dealer said "Its just normal"......my comment to her was....maybe Lexus isn't as good as you say they are.

I drive an '06 GS430. The original Dunlop run flats were replaced at 15,000 miles because three of the four would not hold air (the dealer remounted them several times which only made them leak air more quickly :cries: ). Yes they had a rough ride but that is a characteristic of the very stiff sidewalls that run flats must have that makes them run flats in the first place. I didn't particularly like the rough ride but I was OK with it.

But when I had to replace the Dunlops, I switched to Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, a non run flat tire, based in part to what other LOC posters have said about run flats in general. I am glad I did because the difference in the ride is like night and day. Very smooth, very quiet, and still have a lot of grip for spirited driving. And a bit less expensive too.

My tires are noisy.

Thanks for any feedback

I drive an '06 GS430. The original Dunlop run flats were replaced at 15,000 miles because three of the four would not hold air (the dealer remounted them several times which only made them leak air more quickly :cries: ). Yes they had a rough ride but that is a characteristic of the very stiff sidewalls that run flats must have that makes them run flats in the first place. I didn't particularly like the rough ride but I was OK with it.

But when I had to replace the Dunlops, I switched to Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, a non run flat tire, based in part to what other LOC posters have said about run flats in general. I am glad I did because the difference in the ride is like night and day. Very smooth, very quiet, and still have a lot of grip for spirited driving. And a bit less expensive too.

The stock GS430 wheels are the 18" ones. I assume that's what you're still running.

The GS430 isn't the Stratolounger the LS series is. The GS (Gran Sport) has a compromising suspension to offer better handling at the cost of cushy ride. The stock Dunlop run-flats also have very stiff sidewalls, resulting in a rougher ride.

This is why many GS430 owners (myself included) have opted for the 17" wheels. This allows for more 'cushioned' tires by benefitting from the greater aspect ratio providing more 'air' between the road and rims. This also allows a better chance of surviving a pot-hole ding than the low profile 18"

If you do go to a smaller wheel/larger tire combo just remember to keep the overall diameter within 3% of stock so the speedo and skid compensating systems will still behave.

It can be easily calculated, but these are easier:

http://www.dakota-truck.net/TIRECALC/tirecalc.html

or

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculato...p?action=submit

Whit

Whit

the 430 has a sport suspension switch, change it to normal and the ride is not rough.. I cant roll with the thing on Sport all the time cause thats like driving a loweres isuzu pickup lol. but its fun when your haulin a$$ around corners on the highway.

I just got back from replacing my Yokohama junk tires. Hands down, those tires were a discrace to the Lexus brand. Put on the Michelin pilot sport A/S.

Huge improvement...ride, performance and they are relatively quiet.

I now feel like I'm driving what I bought.....a solid sports sedan.

"I just got back from replacing my Yokohama junk tires. Hands down, those tires were a discrace to the Lexus brand. Put on the Michelin pilot sport A/S.

Huge improvement...ride, performance and they are relatively quiet.

I now feel like I'm driving what I bought.....a solid sports sedan."

Give the Michelin's a few miles to quiet down. I have about 3,000 miles on mine and they are very quiet now but I do recall that they were a little noisy between 35 to 40 miles per hour when new.