Hid Headlights : Thief Rate

Birdhouse

Hey all,

Are Lexus HID Headlights are easy to steal as the infamous 2003 Nissan Maxima headlights? Everywhere on the news are reporting 2002-2003 Nissan Maxima headlights are getting stolen at a incredibly high rate.

Any reports for the Lexus? Does anybody here have ever been a victim of stolen headlights due to having HID in them.

Birdhouse :)

• 2 months later...

I personally haven't herd of any hid's being stolen on a Lexus but you never know. I know that on the Maxima's and the TL's the the balasts are mounted on the headlight itself but on the Lexus's I think there mounted on the inner fender so the theif could steal the headlight but not the balast.

I never heard of the headlights being stolen either. Talk about things being stolen I had my valve stem caps stolen. I had gold valve stem caps and three of them were stolen. <_< Don't ask me why they didn't steal all four, but they didn't. Don't ask me why they would steal them at all.

I just thought that i would share something that was stolen.

Probably. I was thinking about really messing with people who steal things like that. I seen these valve stem caps that have a key to take them off and if you try and steal them they just keep turning like they are stripped. Now that would be funny to see someone try and get them off. :lol:

yea but then some bone head would rip the whole vavle stem off if they really wanted it :D

then it would cost more then the security caps did!allways somekid out there to destroy something!thats why i look at my car from my window every hour!lol :D

I've heard this very often.

In fact, i actually know a few people who lost their HID from the new Maximas.

About a month ago, i read something online that teaches "how to steal HID out of maximas"

step 1 punch thru the front grille

step 2 cut the negative battery to disable alarm

step 3 i forgot from now on..

these go for about 300 bucks on ebay. If people are willing to steal a $100 cd player, i don't see why they wouldn't steal a 300 dollar HID system out of a vehicle.

Isn't our hoods harder to open then the maximas are? Who would post how to steal HIDs on the internet? Never mind don't even answer that one. I guess it would be someone who would steal valve stem caps or lug nuts. Somebody with no sense in their head. I can't believe that people would sink that low to steal something. I know that there are people out there that will steal just for the thrill and some do it for the money, but please give me a break get a life better yet get a job is what i say to them. <_<

I would like to :chairshot: them

bunch of maxima.org guys have theirs stolen, i've read "how to steal HID" on maxima.org

they were saying how .org members were stealing from other maxima people. They had a furioius discussion about it.

People are crazy..they rip you off any chance they get. at least some people are.

i've gotten my valve cap stolen a few times. Once, someone even stole my lug nuts..and lug nuts are cheap too. the bad thing is that i live in Alpharetta, Ga...a rich rich rich town.

bunch of maxima.org guys have theirs stolen, i've read "how to steal HID" on maxima.org

Oh ok now i see why it was posted on the internet. I would be mad too if someone stoled my HIDs. Sometimes you wonder what goes threw these peoples heads when they do something like that. Haha i stoled their lug nuts now they have to buy new ones. <!--emo&:wacko:-->wacko.gif<!--endemo--> Not humm they might not notice that i took there lug nuts and start riding down the road and crash. I don't know. When they stoled my valve caps they replaced them with 2 regular black ones and one that i think went to a bicycle. I guess hoping that i wouldn't notice. That's what makes me think that it was someone from around me. Hoping that it would take me a few days to notice. I really don't know when they were taken all that i know is that when me and my husband went to check the air in my tires i said to him that isn't our valve cap we had gold ones. A friend of mine was laughing and said that i better keep an eye out for some kids riding their bikes with my valve caps.

yea see sometimes people do it because they cant afford what they are trying to steal and some do it because of jealousy.see every person in the world has somekind of jealousy against someone.example(a movie star)we are all jealous of how much money they make right?

95 percent of people would never do anything to hurt another just because there a little jealous of what they have but then theres that 5 percent who would love to and would scratch your car or steal from you.thats why i own a gun!someone steals from me they better not let me catch them because i will shoot!lol

fact is most of the time its just kids with no or little brains but sometimes its a bigtime theif who does it for the money.

Kids steal vavle stem caps, i know this for a fact cuz they put the chrome or gold caps on their itty bitty bicycles. I left a couple caps at gas stations when putting air in em, so after a bit i only had 2 chrome caps and 2 plastic caps and to my HUGE and stunned surprised some kid stole all of the caps, chrom and plastic. cuz you know plastic caps are so Rare to get ahold of

yeah thats another thing that complexes me, the fact that they are like 3$ i know that cuz i replaced em, makes me think i should just give the kid the $3 instead of going though all the hassle. "here kid go buy yourself some chrome caps and stay away from my car" :D

yeah thats another thing that complexes me, the fact that they are like 3$ i know that cuz i replaced em, makes me think i should just give the kid the $3 instead of going though all the hassle. "here kid go buy yourself some chrome caps and stay away from my car" 

LOL :lol: That is so true.

i see. but you can't go around the whole neighborhood and give kids $3 bucks.

in my neighborhood..i would spend about 150 bucks..

also..if you go somewhere and park your car....then you have to find kids and pay them.

theoretically...if all kids united their powers and threat all the adults, "we are going to take your valve stem caps unless you each of us $3 today."

Then, all the kids will be 3 dollars richer tomorrow.

just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel really bad now. :rolleyes:

When I was little, I grew up in a small town. I'm guilty of steeling chrome caps for my fancy chrome freewheel bike.

I did the same thing too. I took my crappy black caps off and swapped them out w/ the chrome ones, figureing the rich owner probably wouldn't even notice anyway.

Here's a hint that always kept us away from the shiny sirens-o-evil on your wheels.

If you have the chrome caps that have edges like a bolt, just tighten them up w/ a wrench so you can't loosen them by hand...most kids will not have tools to remove a cap. Upon realizing that they are too weak to loosing the 1st cap, they will leave your car in discust and never return....hopefully.

Sorry guys for my bad habits 14 years ago...I must have started a trend.

My bad.

:pirate:

aha..that's you.

there was a big deal with a bmw forum last year or so..i have it saved up somewhere.

here's the basic story...this M3 owner actually caught a kid. Took the kid's bike..asked for his parents number. kid refused, so M3 owner put the kid's bike in his trunk. Kid starts crying.

M3 owner takes a digital cam..takes a few pictures. And he posted the whole thing on the website.

i thought it was really mean of him doing that..but many people got a kick out of that.

yeah...that bolt designed cap sounds pretty good idea. i will do that someday.

here ya go.

i have it saved up..with all the pics and stuff, but i don't know how to load up a whole page on here.

original URL is not working.

so this is second person quote::

"""oh man ive never been so *BLEEP*ed in my life, let me start from the top:

I was going to buy some new shoes so i parked on a side street and i noticed two young kids on BMX bikes riding around on the other side of the street. *click* i walk away from the car after locking the doors. I looked back at my baby once every 15 feet as i usually do but i notice these kids eyeing my car. Hmmmmm, ok so i keep walking and pretending not to see. Im 1/2 block away as i see those little vultures hover around my car. Im like "oh no you didn't" as i see them squat down to snag my valve stem caps.

I bolt outta nowhere like Oj simpson running for the end zone and one kid takes his bike and runs off and i catch the other one. I was shaking from being so *BLEEP*ed, i took his bike literally and i said get the *BLEEP* outta here, if you dont get me back my valve stems im taking your bike. He starts balling, saying "noo noo i didnt do it!!!! My dad just bought my bike." I open my trunk as if im going to put it in there and he crys like a newborn baby. I yell at him to go get my valve stem caps if he wants his bike.

1 hours goes by, no valve stem covers, a wining little *BLEEP* whos crying for his mommy. So after calling the other kids parents who were not cooperating, i called the cops. Cops came filed a report, and chewed the little *BLEEP* out. There were 3 huge cops, who made the kid sit on the ground as they questioned him. He was scared *BLEEP*less!!! To make a long story short, his parents came and repaid me for the valve stems and i made a "little" profit if you know what i mean

The whole time i was teasing the kid telling him hes gonna be in jail and he would'nt stop crying. I took out my camara and took like 10 picts of him and told him "this is for the cover of tommarows newspaper". Am i mean? ya........is this justice? hell ya! Here are some picts""""

pics ::

295087_158_full.jpg

295087_159_full.jpg

295087_160_full.jpg