Full Detailing With Ultima

I ordered the full line of Ultima Products (minus the Elastrofoam Paint Cleaner) from autopia.org. I have to tell you, I love this line, it is incredible. The Paint Guard Wash is amazing, the Paint Prep Plus is easy to apply and to buff off and it left my car swirl free (I applied it with my UDM and the orange pad). The Paint Guard Plus is incredibly easy to apply and it did not streak at all (I applied 3 light coats 12 hours apart). It also brought out the flakes on my paint like I had never seen before. The interior shampoo works great, it left my car really clean with a really clean and fresh scent. The Interior Guard Plus is also amazing and it left the leather seats feeling incredibly silky smooth and soft. Ultima actually brought back the new car scent. The Tire and Trim Guard Plus is also great, it left a nice dark satin finish without all the extreme gloss of other products, which I personally don't like. I also used the Tire and Trim Guard on my chrome door handles and grill, which added an amazing shine. Until now, I had been using Meguiars NTX Generation Tech wax (liquid). Meguiars left a nice wet look, by completely changed the look of the paint, turning it almost black. My car is a dark silver (Smoky Granite Mica) with lots of flakes.

l13.jpgl11.jpg

l27.jpgl2.jpg

l23.jpgl21.jpg

l22.jpgl20.jpg

l16.jpgl25.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just wondering if anyone else has used these products and can comment on them (Steve?)....am interested in trying them, but would appreciate some feedback.

...it looks promising, and am currently using the Klasse approach, but always looking for something better.

Thank.

Mike

Steve et al,

Well, I broke down and ordered a starter kit; hope to get it later this coming week and am anxious to see how it compares to my current Klasse/Pinnacle wax system ....

I'll keep all informed, and try to attach some photos of my 2006 Pearl Black IS 250....DC winter has not been so bad so far, but cold......

Mike

• 5 weeks later...

F4DPhan, please let me know how they compare. When the spring comes, I was between the Ultima and Pinnacle systems when I do my first detailing on my black, um, I mean Obsidian ES350 (2008)!

Detaildoc, GREAT PICS!!! Thanks. With all the advice you have provided to me on the other post (Cleaning and Maintenance of the ES350), you show how good you really are at this detailing stuff!!! Thanks again for the pics and advice!