Tire Pressure Reset

carpaga

Hi guys, Your help is appreciated in advance.

I just picked up a 2004 LS 430. The low tire pressure warning came on the other day, so I brought the tires up to 32 psi each and I cannot get the darn light to reset. The manual shows the reset button is to the left of the steering column adjacent to the dimmer control, well this car has keyless entry and the keyless indicators are on that side of the steering column. On the opposite side there is a reset button but it does not appear to reset this indicator.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Hello,

My 2007 IS250 has a series of buttons to the lower left of the steering column. Once in the TPMS function, I have to push and Hold the button for a few seconds. Then the vehcile will learn the new tire pressure values as a baseline. It won't fix an issue if the sensor has gone bad etc...

Maybe it is similar?

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up a 2004 LS 430. The low tire pressure warning came on the other day, so I brought the tires up to 32 psi each and I cannot get the darn light to reset. The manual shows the reset button is to the left of the steering column adjacent to the dimmer control, well this car has keyless entry and the keyless indicators are on that side of the steering column. On the opposite side there is a reset button but it does not appear to reset this indicator.

If your LS is anything like my '06 GS430 the reset button is way forward under the dash left of the steering wheel column. It's not even on the same panel called the under dash.

The pic in the manual is very misleading.

My TPMS came on a couple days ago. I checked the pressure for 35 pounds then did the reset procedure in the manual and did get a 'initial' indication, but no help. Must be a bad TPM or battery, maybe receiver. Going into dealer Thursday as it's a warrantee item.

Whit

• 4 weeks later...

If your LS is anything like my '06 GS430 the reset button is way forward under the dash left of the steering wheel column. It's not even on the same panel called the under dash.

The pic in the manual is very misleading.

My TPMS came on a couple days ago. I checked the pressure for 35 pounds then did the reset procedure in the manual and did get a 'initial' indication, but no help. Must be a bad TPM or battery, maybe receiver. Going into dealer Thursday as it's a warrantee item.

Whit

Just a follow-up to my previous post...

Problem turned out to be the numbers weren't registered to the car...AFTER THE TWO MONTHS I HAD IT!!

They were fine then all of a sudden, overnight, they weren't. They broke down the tires, got the registration numbers, programmed them into their Game Boy to the car and, so far, everything seems fine.

I really suspect a passengers foot went up in the foot well and tripped the Primary/Secondary switch over to the other setting which was probably blank, so the car didn't see any programmed TPMS's.

Afterwards I asked the elite Service Manager about this and he said that wouldn't have caused it, but wasn't able to tell me why not. Sure sounded viable to me. Sure a lot of egos down there.

Whit

• 1 year later...

By now you've undoubtedly figured it out -- or learned to ignore the warning light -- but for anyone else with this problem, the tire pressure warning system reset switch is located under the dash to the right of the steering wheel. It sits on a panel with three switches: a knob to control the volume of the beeps when you lock or unlock the doors, the smart key system cancel switch, and the aforementioned t.p.w.s. reset switch. See either page viii or page x of your Owner's Manual.

Needless to say, Lexus did not see fit to reference this switch in the Owner's Manual's Index.

• 1 month later...