98-99' Sc400 5spd

Hello all...

I dont have a car right now but I do have plans in the future to purchase a 98-99' SC400. I know that these are primarly automatic cars. So I was wondering if Toyota or Lexus still make a SC400 transmission thats a direct swap for the automatic...parts rundown on what i'd need for the swap and approximate cost could be appreciated.

On another note, has anyone taken there SC400 or SC300 to topspeed? Is there a rev-limiter to stop you from passing 150mph? How hard does the car pull in 5th gear? also the VVT-i is this system similar to VTEC??? It sounds about the same but I am wondering, what RPM does VVT-i come in?

Thanks for any replys or information you can offer~

Evan :pirate:

I've done 141 in my 5-speed '93 SC300, headed northbound on Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360), crossing over 2244... it was a lot of fun!

I honestly don't think this baby could go any faster without any mods... I guess the late 90's models had better performance specifications?

As for handling: at high speeds my SC glides over the road like a jetski on smooth water. So much fun ( I can't wait until I can afford an SC430 ). In my honest opinion, the Lexus (at high speeds) is more fun to drive than my 2000 Trans AM (w/ RAM Air, WS-6, 6-Speed)... it at least handles better. There is no question, however, that the Trans Am is faster, has better acceleration, and grabs more attention than my SC.

Just a thought!