Ls400 Factory Wheels. Are These Oem?

rhett

Is this a stock wheel. I cannot find a reference to it anywhere. I need to replace one (little accident). Can anyone help me.

Thanks

I can't post a pic. how do I do this?

It is a gold honeycomb style wheel. Center cap looks like a nut and says PRIME.

I thought it was factory. does anyone know

Is this a stock wheel. I cannot find a reference to it anywhere. I need to replace one (little accident). Can anyone help me.

Thanks

From your description, they are NOT OEM wheels.

Thanks

Do you see your wheel on this webpage? --> http://www.primewheel.com/prime_wheels.aspx?size=15

It sounds like your wheel is one of the BBS look-a-like wheels that was very popular in the early 1990s.

Thanks

Do you see your wheel on this webpage? --> http://www.primewheel.com/prime_wheels.aspx?size=15

It sounds like your wheel is one of the BBS look-a-like wheels that was very popular in the early 1990s.

Yes, these are BBS look-a-like, replicas, that dealers were selling to unsuspecting customers at BBS retail prices plus a substantial markup.

Be careful, some of the early ones had to be turned on a lathe to allow room for the brake caliper.

Thanks

Yes, these are BBS look-a-like, replicas, that dealers were selling to unsuspecting customers at BBS retail prices plus a substantial markup.

Be careful, some of the early ones had to be turned on a lathe to allow room for the brake caliper.

Here is what the wheels look like on my 91

post-53431-1195528833_thumb.jpg

Anyone have any ideas where I can get one.

Getting one is the problem. Here in the north a lot of us use our factory wheels to keep our snow tires on. I use my 17" IS300 wheels 9 months of the year and switch back to blizzaks mounted on my factory 90' wheels for dec-feb.

I'd say unless a dealer has one in stock from way back when it is going to be a hard sell to get someone to part with one and be left with three. Good luck in your search and I'll keep my eye out for one.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

:cheers:

I suggest that you email your wheel photo to the Prime company and see if they can give you the model number. Knowing the model number might help you do a search.

Although I love the way they look and they are of great quality, I have certainly had second thoughts about my purchase of Mille Miglia Bello wheels from Tire Rack in 2003 for use with snow tires - which I mounted yesterday, by the way. I would have been better off spending a few more bucks and buying take-off Lexus wheels which I could replace if I ever bent a wheel. I can't find the Bellos anymore, anywhere - long discontinued.

I suggest that you email your wheel photo to the Prime company and see if they can give you the model number. Knowing the model number might help you do a search.

Although I love the way they look and they are of great quality, I have certainly had second thoughts about my purchase of Mille Miglia Bello wheels from Tire Rack in 2003 for use with snow tires - which I mounted yesterday, by the way. I would have been better off spending a few more bucks and buying take-off Lexus wheels which I could replace if I ever bent a wheel. I can't find the Bellos anymore, anywhere - long discontinued.

Whats your spare like? If your spare is the same, than just switch that with your spare, or get an ugly wheel as a spare and move the spare to your hub.

As for the rim, look on Ebay, if you cannot find it there, you will have a tough time finding it anywhere....

Thanks

Here is what the wheels look like on my 91

Did you have them chromed or did some get shipped from Lexus like that? Mine are painted OEM silver...