Sibling Got Ticket For Tint Among Other Things Last Week

ED.

She has been driving my dads 96 with the dark (compared to my BMW) 20% tint and got pulled over for going 48 in a 35 and got busted for the tint. I dont see that as too fast since it was in the morning and everyone goes that fast where she goes to school (not making it right I know!) It is on a left-turning hill as well.

Anyway she is in high school so the cops out there look for that and gave her a ticket for the windows being 'too dark.' Now had myself or my dad been driving I dont see that as happeing. Me MAYBE and him not at all. He knows a bunch of lawyers and is going to try and get as much out of this as he can for as little as he can (one of the 10 people everyone has to know right.)

Has this or something similar happened to anyone before? To me the tint laws seemed to die with the KayPro but I guess diferent counties have different rules. I live in South Saint Louis city but she goes to school out North and West of Saint Louis in Saint Charles (across the MO river on highway 70) and the laws seem more strict or enforced out there. Although I am very, very safe where I live in the city.

Thanks for the input,

Tint laws are alive and well, especially in NY.. I've been ticketed for tints... having a frame on my license plate... even once for being 5 miles over the speed limit.... i always fight it and usually get the fine tossed or reduced... cops have quotas to meet in many counties.. don't take it personally. but do take it to court... especially for the speeding ticket... never ever ever plead guilty to a speeding ticket.... this guy i know once just got a ticket for tints and just got a reciept from a shop saying he had the tints removed.. the reciept wasn't even real.. the guy got the fine reduced to $5 and the I celebrated by getting lunch, whoops i mean he celebrated by getting lunch.

In N.J., state law allows for being ticketed if your driver and front passenger windows have any tint whatsoever. You are allowed as much tint as you can stand on all rear windows. All my cars have 5% tint. Obviously this is a law enforced differently from state to state.

John

On Thanksgiving Day, a few years ago, driving from Stockton, CA to Portland, OR, I was pulled over SOLELY for tinted windows. I was in Redding, CA. Driving totally normal since my roommates folks were in the back seat. I had the graduated tint where it's lightest on the two front windows, darker on the two back windows, and darkest on the rear window. After I got the tint removed I went to get the ticket written off and the cop (here in Costa Mesa) said they would never ticket for such a light tint in SoCal.

Laws differ from state to state. In MD, the law says 35% on all windows. If the cop wasn't able to measure the tint on the spot using a certified tint meter then you might have a case. Also if you remove the tint, and have State Police or County Sheriffs/Police Officers observe that then you could tell a judge/prosecutor to drop the charge on the grounds the tint's removed. They can't charge you if it's not present on the car

I don't see why you're fussing over it. It sounds like the cop gave her a break. She could have been charged her with the speeding-a Moving violation.

if she just got cited for tinted windows, don't waste your time to protest in court, just take the tint off, and have a police officer sign off on the ticket, no points will be put against your drivers license. some police officers have a peeve of certain violations, and will enforce it. Officers safety, can't see who is inside the vehicle, you don't know if some one is pointing a gun at you as you walk up to a vehicle, this should concern everyone who gets *BLEEP*ed off at a bad driver, and you flip him off, or swear at him or her, you will never know whats behind that tinted window :censored:

time for a group hug :rolleyes: why can't we all get along :cheers: now back to our LEXUS