Shop Manual

lovlex

Hi, I am new to the club and have enjoyed it a lot. I was wondering are the shop manuals that are on CD, that I see on ebay, worth buying, especially the ones that say they include the entire shop manual? Also, will a 1993 SC400 shop manual work for the 1992 SC 400? How much are the original shop manuals in paper form? Thanks a lot.

• 2 months later...

Due to the aforementioned computer glitch, I don't know if an earlier posting of mine remains. There is a business in Seattle, Wa. called Books 4Cars. Their web address is books4cars.com . I got a set of factory shop manuals for my 92 SC300 5 speed with no problem. For those who have a 5 speed, make sure you mention it when ordering as it is a supplament item. I can't remember the cost right off the top of my head, but will check and post again in a day or two. It seems to me that I got all 4 books for about $230.00 plus shipping. Very little waiting time. They seem to have a fairly good supply. I also bought a shop manual for a 93 Taurus SHO a couple weeks later.

I don't think the ones being sold on Ebay are just owners manuals, not Repair manuals. The books are normally $150-250 for each volume, and there are two editions (Vol I and II).

The 93 manual should be similar to the 92, since there wern't any major changes between the year. Besides, you're welcome to get some advice from us if you run into any problems, if it doesn't match up.

You should be warned about something. Unlike GM and Ford repair manuals, part numbers are not included on the Toyota ones. It really does suck.

If you're interested in getting the books, PM me.