Trouble With Lca Replacment

jehiggin

Replacing the right lower control arm on my '92 SC400 and i'm having trouble removing the bolt in the rear bushing. The front bushing bolt comes out very easy. Is there a difference on how the two bolts are removed or is the rear bolt just that difficult, is there a trick to getting it out? I really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
Replacing the right lower control arm on my '92 SC400 and i'm having trouble removing the bolt in the rear bushing. The front bushing bolt comes out very easy. Is there a difference on how the two bolts are removed or is the rear bolt just that difficult, is there a trick to getting it out? I really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

Hey, jehiggin . . . Sorry I haven't any answers on your question but I have a '92 SC 300 and need to replace my LCA bushings on both sides up front. Did you get any help or ideas on this issue at all ? ! ? ! I've never done this B4, have you?

Good luck to ya! These are great cars ! ! !

You didn't specify front or rear. I did my fronts (upper & lower control arm bushings - which required removal of arms) this summer. Dont know if this will help any. It's a basic little show-&-tell on the front.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288268

sorry about that, its the front lower control arm. how well did the rear bushing bolt come out for you? my problem is the rear bushing bolts on both sides will not come out now matter what i do. the front bushing bolts i can push out with my fingers. I have done research on here mitchell, and alldata and they all just say remove as if there is no special sequence different than the front bushing bolts. so my assumption is that they are stuck that bad and that im actually going to have to cut them out. I just can't believe that they are actually stuck that bad. I have tried torch, freeze-off, 4lb hammer, and many different approaches but no luck.

I wish I could be of assistance, but I haven't done my rears yet.

sorry if i make it sound confusing, but im talking about the front lca, but the rear bushing bolt of the front lca, or if your facing the right front wheel it would be the bushing to your left, and if your facing the left side front wheel it would be the right bushing and bolt that im having trouble with.