All Weather Floor Mats To Be Re-released

jobyfreddel

Just in case anyone is interested, the redesigned(?) ES 350 all weather floor mats (the original style was recalled) will be released to the dealers by the end of November per my conversation today with a very nice rep from the corp. offices. I had called the local dealers prior to calling the corp. offices to see if any of them had any stragglers on hand (none) and none of them knew when the mats would be available. I then called the corp offices, the rep eventually called me back with the update after speaking with her manager(s).

They were recalled soon after I purchased my car so I was unable to get them.

Just in case anyone is interested, the redesigned(?) ES 350 all weather floor mats (the original style was recalled) will be released to the dealers by the end of November per my conversation today with a very nice rep from the corp. offices. I had called the 6 local dealers prior to calling the corp. offices to see if any of them had any stragglers on hand (none) and none of them knew when the mats would be available. I then called the corp offices, the rep eventually called me back with the update after speaking with her manager(s).

They were recalled soon after I purchased my car so I was unable to get them. Living in the DC area, it's bound to snow and get nasty here so I just have to pray that it stays snow free for another few weeks.

I can't wait for the traffic whoring that I'll get to experience for the first time once the 1mm of precipitation hits...

DC Beltway

This crap is always red...

• 2 months later...
Just in case anyone is interested, the redesigned(?) ES 350 all weather floor mats (the original style was recalled) will be released to the dealers by the end of November per my conversation today with a very nice rep from the corp. offices. I had called the 6 local dealers prior to calling the corp. offices to see if any of them had any stragglers on hand (none) and none of them knew when the mats would be available. I then called the corp offices, the rep eventually called me back with the update after speaking with her manager(s).

They were recalled soon after I purchased my car so I was unable to get them. Living in the DC area, it's bound to snow and get nasty here so I just have to pray that it stays snow free for another few weeks.

They still have not re released the new mats

Will the GS all weather mats fit the ES

They still have not re released the new mats

Will the GS all weather mats fit the ES

They certainly have.....I picked mine up from my dealer last week! The GS mats don't fit properly.

• 1 month later...

Could somebody tell me why the allweather floormats were recalled and redesigned. My wife has a ES350 and the allweather floormats don't cover all of the carpet.

Thanks

Could somebody tell me why the allweather floormats were recalled and redesigned. My wife has a ES350 and the allweather floormats don't cover all of the carpet.

Thanks

Actually, the only all weather mat that was recalled was on the drivers side. This new mat is cut slightly differently than the old mat to prevent the possibility of it getting caught under the accelerator pedal and cause runaway acceleration.

Personally, I used these mats on top of the carpeted which wasn't advised by the Lexus Corporation, but in over 1¾ years these mats never shifted, even though they weren't held in place by the clips. I NEVER had any problems with the original setup!!!

• 1 year later...

Apparently this is true for all Lexus models. I tried to order a set of the all-weather mats for my RX, and they told me they're no longer selling the design and that i'd have to wait for the new ones to come out...

• 3 weeks later...

When my car was in for service last week my dealer said the new floor mats had not been released and they were not completing the 'fix' on the gas pedal as of yet.

Does anyone have the new mats, or know anything about their status? What about the gas pedal correction? Just curious.

My dealer just called and told me the new mats would be in next week - so I scheduled my appointment since she said they need to perform the “gas pedal modification.” I asked if that was a temp fix until a new gas pedal arrived and she said “no, that is the final fix.”

She also said “the mats cover the same area and are the same color - they are just a lot thinner."

We shall see. If they don’t match - Step 1: Cut a hole in a box.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the oil line, floor mats and gas pedal recall completed on Friday.

Here are some thoughts:

1. I like the gas pedal better now, as it is shorter. Not sure if it is due to my size 13 shoe or what, but it feels better to me.

2. No thoughts on the oil line.

3. The new floor mats look nothing like the rear mats/old mats. They are almost perfectly smooth with no “lip” on the sides, which will render them useless when it comes to snow/containing liquid. I was very disappointed when I first saw them. They also say “Lexus ES” now, instead of “Lexus.”

4. The new mats will be easier to clean, as they are smooth.

I had the oil line, floor mats and gas pedal recall completed on Friday.

Here are some thoughts:

1. I like the gas pedal better now, as it is shorter. Not sure if it is due to my size 13 shoe or what, but it feels better to me.

2. No thoughts on the oil line.

3. The new floor mats look nothing like the rear mats/old mats. They are almost perfectly smooth with no “lip” on the sides, which will render them useless when it comes to snow/containing liquid. I was very disappointed when I first saw them. They also say “Lexus ES” now, instead of “Lexus.”

4. The new mats will be easier to clean, as they are smooth.

So much for the 'all-weather' tag. :angry:

I was anxiously awaiting the release of the all weather mats.How much are these 'all weatherless' all weather mats?

Does anyone know if the 2010 ES 350 *should* come standard with all-weather Lexus floor mats? I got my 2010 ES 350 last Sunday and it came with cheap carpet-like floor mats.

Does anyone know if the 2010 ES 350 *should* come standard with all-weather Lexus floor mats? I got my 2010 ES 350 last Sunday and it came with cheap carpet-like floor mats.

No the all weather rubber floor mats are a Lexus accessory & need to be purchased seperately...but considering the recall & you have a brand new car...I would ask your dealer to throw in a free set (front & back) for your inconvenience. B)

:cheers: