Es300 '96 Remote And Key

36R

I just got a 96 ES300, but it only came with one key and no remote.

Where I can make keys most economically ? If anyone has a 96 ES300 remote,

can you tell me the if the FCC ID is HYQ1512P ? as my manual says it should be

HYQ1512A, I tried to get one on ebay.

Thanks a bunch.

:( Alex

• 2 months later...

Based on my experience, you may have to go whole hog and buy a new receiver and new remotes. Figure about $100.00 for each key/remote and $565 (parts and labor) for the under dash receiver.

As for new keys, the Lexus dealer may be the only show in town. They will have to special order them.

I do find that the special order and the new receiver to be quite a hassle with Lexus. When I needed to replace a key and fob for my VW Passat, the dealer was able to grind a new key in front of me and service was able to re-program the new fobs for $40.00 total labor. The fob and key was $45.00.

you need a new frequency chip which is only sold with a pair of matching keys. about $500 total for labour and parts Althought it is only one cover to remove and replace in the brain located in the left side of the trunk.

you can't buy one key

some mentioned ebing able to program another matching fcc code to the existing. never tried and don't know.

you can do what i did and just buy a old key from ebay and use the remote from it for your car until you buy a new key from lexus.my key id and the one you need is hyqwt-b i think thats how its spelled.you can find them one ebay but make sure its -b and you can reprogram it.i put the instrutions on how to program a key for our years on here awhile back so just do a search and you will find it.