Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow Tires

CECD3

I just purchased a set of Michelin Latitude X Ice & Snow tires in the 235/55/18 size. At approximately 50 MPH, the tires made such a loud "droning" noise that you had to raise your voice inside the car to carry on a conversation. I took the car back to the tire dealer, where they were checked out the problem. After driving the car, they stated that although the noise was excessive, it was just the fact that the tires were an aggressive pattern and there was nothing to be done. The tires have the correct air pressure, and they are balanced. I'm going to replace them under a 30 day ride guarantee, and would like to know if anyone has the Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires on a 2004 (or newer) RX330. If so....please comment on the tire noise from the Pirellis, as well as how the tires handled in the snow.

Just my two scents. I own a 04 RX330 and put on the lat x-ice a month ago. I get no noise at any speeds. I also have the 235/55r18. There is really no better tire or even an equivalent to the x-ice. I would think long and hard before downgrading.

Thanks for your input. I also thought they were the best tires available, and the dealer states they haven't had any other complaints on them, but won't do anything about them because they state it's just the design of the tire. I like the ride except for the droning noise at one specific speed. Thanks again.