Problems Filling Your 2003 Ls430's Gas Tank?

Jerry Bransford

My wife complained constantly that she had problems trying to fill our 2003 LS430's gas tank. It would take way too long because all the gas nozzles at all the gas stations we use would barely trickle gasoline into the gas tank while constantly clicking off. We recently had the Lexus serviced and mentioned that problem to the service advisor who advised us that there was a fix for it. They installed a newer design fuel filler hose/pipe assembly that was developed to fix the problem and we're now happy to report the problem is completely fixed.

So if you're having troubles, just realize that it can be fixed. Because we purchased our 2003 LS430 under the Lexus Certified Pre-Owned program, this was taken care of by the dealer at no charge to us.

My wife complained constantly that she had problems trying to fill our 2003 LS430's gas tank. It would take way too long because all the gas nozzles at all the gas stations we use would barely trickle gasoline into the gas tank while constantly clicking off. We recently had the Lexus serviced and mentioned that problem to the service advisor who advised us that there was a fix for it. They installed a newer design fuel filler hose/pipe assembly that was developed to fix the problem and we're now happy to report the problem is completely fixed.

So if you're having troubles, just realize that it can be fixed. Because we purchased our 2003 LS430 under the Lexus Certified Pre-Owned program, this was taken care of by the dealer at no charge to us.

Thanks for that. I have been having the exact same problem and thought the issue was with gas stations changing their dispensers/ hoses/ handles. I am under an extended warranty to 100K and am at 99940 and will take it in tomorrow. You should be aware of another issues with the LS 430 that is under a service bulletin and that is the telescopic tilt making noise. They will replace the steering shaft joint assembly for you if you are under warranty. Saved me $191.46