Windshield Wipers

You cant.... if you do you end up scratching the hood like what happened to me and i only payed attention to it cause my car is dark grey and 2 white long scratches are obvious! So i painted over it with the touch-up paint i have and told the driver that when he wants to clean the car he figures some other way <_<

Really really stupid mistake by lexus!!!

I read somewhere else that you can manually pull them up (to be higher on the windshield). Has anyone done this? I tried but am afraid I might break them if I have to pull harder.

You won't break them...they're designed to move up so that you can raise them to wash the windshield. Jut move them up the windshield as if the motor was on....they will hit an internal stop after you've raised them about 6 inches. You can then pivot them away from the windshield. Just don't forget to push them back down into place before you open the hood or you can scratch the hood.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Just purchased an '07 GS350 and have a simple/stupid question. How do you lift up the windshield wipers without hitting the hood? Do I have to turn them on and then off before they stop at the bottom position? Thanks.

There is no need to turn on anything. Just park your car as usual. You can just hold the wiper arm and wiper connecting point and pull. The moving direction is the same as when you active your windshield wiper. (I pull it with two hands) The wiper arm will then shift couple of inches along windshield. Do not worry about breaking it. It was designed to let the owner to change your wiper.

One tip for replacing new wiper, buy the Bosch Icon instead of any other style. It is the easiest wiper blade replacement you are going to experience. (It is a bit expensive but easier for the replacement, you can purchase at "Advance Autoparts, their wiper is 25% off until end of November) If you go for other style of the wiper blade, you need to flip the wiper blade. That will end up scratching your windshield.

Read your user manual for more detail about how to "shift" your wiper. Just remember, the motion is not lift, it is shift. After you shift the wiper, you can lift your wiper blade without scratching the hood.

Richard

:rolleyes: