Changing Tires

yjorio

Hello,

I had a flat last night, and I am trying to put the spare on, but cannot figure out how to take the locking nut off the wheel?

Thanks for all the help

You should have the "key", probably stored with the jack. The key is a piece that looks kinda like a socket and fits over and into the locked lug nut. Did you buy the car used?

Hello,

I had a flat last night, and I am trying to put the spare on, but cannot figure out how to take the locking nut off the wheel?

Thanks for all the help

You should have the "key", probably stored with the jack. The key is a piece that looks kinda like a socket and fits over and into the locked lug nut. Did you buy the car used?

Yep, it was used, and I could not find the key with the jack. Even the little pouch with the additional tools did not have it, and they all looked pretty new, and unused. Is there another way to remove that nut without the key?

Hello,

Thanks for all the help

Yep, it was used, and I could not find the key with the jack. Even the little pouch with the additional tools did not have it, and they all looked pretty new, and unused. Is there another way to remove that nut without the key?

You could buy another key from the Toyota or Lexus dealer. Most big tire stores have the keys also, but if you have a complete flat, that doesn't help you much.

Know anybody with a Toyota or Lexus that has locking lug nuts (and the key!)?

You can always use the same method that tire thieves use. Just force a socket over the locking nut and remove it.

EDIT - Sorry - Missed wwest's reply.

When, if, all else fails there is always the shotgun method.......