New Guy Here Saying Hi! Got Some Questions...

roadracer247

Alright well I just thought I'd say hi to everyone! This site seems to have a ton of info on the IS300!!! Anyway I am looking for a car to buy this week and the IS300 is one of the possible choices. I am buying used and have found one with 56000 miles for $19000. Seems to be a good deal. So are these cars as reliable as everyone says? Any problems with the '01 model? I have already driven the car and I love the interior and the F1 stlye shifting! Now here is the second part of my question which is also an opinion. Many people I have talked to love these cars while others look at me and ask why I want to buy that car because it looks like a civic and they think it's a girls car. Do you guys and hopefully some girls have anything I can say to them? Anyway it seems to be a good board and I am sure you will be seeing a lot more of me! :cheers:

I have an 01. Its pretty cool, not to good in the snow. But very fun to drive. The engine is to me, what makes the car. Very powerful. Kinda like a sleeper. You will enjoy if you pick it up. I think it is a peoples car, our car, am I right people? I think women look good in it though, but maybe it makes me look good too. One can only hope. Take it easy, and get that car!

the civics are trying to look like an altezza ( is 200 in europe and japan )

not the other way around

someone told me altezza mean "round red"

it has lots of balls to get ou around is handles very nicely

if you get a 01 or before drive it around a bit and see if it not having an armrest is going to bother you

i hated that aboutthe car the first tiem i drove it

and then it was great for 02 plus the dark smoke tails look way better than the chrome ones

it is definatly not a girls car

it is a drivers car with a bit of tweaking especially

what other options are you lookin at..!! bmw.. 3 series..!!! TL....or wat..!!!

over all is300 is a nice car not that coz own one but it has most of the things someone in the 20's or 30's would want in a car...includin nice handlin....very very much potential in the engine (since its a 2JZGE...in other words a supra engine...non turbo ofcourse) and the interior is also stylish and different AND there aren't too many of em out there as to beamers and acura's etc. If you are looking for a very luxury car..i woulnt recomend it and if you are looking for a true sports car.......i wouldnt recomend that either....HOWEVER..if you are looking for a mixture of both and you like working on your car...meanin doin modifications and stuff...this car is a wonderful project to work on and it'll reward your input in true meanings to every single mod you'll do to it as compare to ANY other cars out there today.

and NO..its NOT a girlish car BUT it does attract girls though B)

just my 2 cents.

Ok let's cut the crap and be real. The Is 300 is the best alternative out there for sport/luxury car.

It has awesome potential due to its 2jz-Ge, toyota supra's engine non turbo. It is very well balanced in terms of breaking, suspension and handling. It has great styling and is definitelly not a Civic. It is a unisex car, neither a male's nor a female's. We are all above that B.S

Also, buying a Lexus is the best thing you will ever do :D , they have awesome customer service and their car are extremely reliable.

The only two cars that I would consider in terms of potential and fun factors would be an AWD turbo S4 from Audi (same price range) and a Supra either n/a or Turbo with decent mileage.

Good Luck :cheers:

• 2 months later...

Yes I agree... this ain't no Civic! Once civic drivers get a taste of the power and handling, they'll agree as well... which is why altezza lights are so popular... well that and they look good.

And I don't think it's a girly car either even though I agree it makes everyone look more attractive :rolleyes:

I bought mine two years ago after testing both the 328i and the A4 at a lexus promotional event the year before. While the Beemer might be a slightly (and I do mean slightly) better car, I liked that the Lexus cost me about 7 grand less, fully loaded (including the limited slip differential).

It's a great car that handles impressively in good weather. I have found it, however, to be somewhat unpredictable in bad weather. The traction control fights with the limited slip in the snow, and the standard 16" wheels with the all season radials seem to lose traction unpredictably in the rain, requiring some cautious driving in poor conditions.

As for looks, I know a lot of women, and they are always very impressed with the car, even, as recenlty, when one didn't know what kind of car it was.

Having moved up from a real muscle car ('89 firebird, 305 V8), this car is good entry into a more refined driver. And I don't know what I'd do without the heated seats :P

I went directly from a Civic to a 2002 IS and there ain't no comparison. Just the effortless power on the road and the handling is enough to make a really big difference.

As far as a girls car. Yes, it's much better for picking up chicks than most cars.

The only two cars that I would consider in terms of potential and fun factors would be an AWD turbo S4 from Audi (same price range) and a Supra either n/a or Turbo with decent mileage.

I'm sorry, I thought you said the Audi S4 was in the same price range as the IS300? That's an awfully wide price range, unless you're referring to older models.

Hey there, I am new as well today, I just bought my new IS300 the other week, and let me tell you I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, but I don't need to be telling you guys this!! The only other car I was even thinking of getting was a Supra, and when it came down to it, this was the better choice for me. You were saying it is a girly car? Well I AM a girl, but it is all the guys that are totally into it, as well as me. I can't wait to start doing some modifications on it!! I say buy it, it was the best choice I ever made for my first new car that can actually be a project car as well. :P

Any ideas on what my first modification should be? The car is so great the way it is, I almost don't want to ruin it! I know, silly. :rolleyes: