Need Heated Seats

spscott

I just bought my wife a 98 ES300. It's her second Lexus. However, I screwed up and didn't make sure it had heated seats. So my problem is to either put them in (if that's possible) or sell it and go find one with heated seats.

Is it possible to purchase a kit to add the heating elements? Should I look for parts at a salvage yard? Would it be easier to just go get another car?

This is a big deal to my wife since the car doesn't get in the garage very often. I'm just trying to keep a happy house.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Dude, rather than lettin some shop tear your good seats apart, why don't you just search for a junker with heated seats and offer to trade yours out for them and the switches?! If I'm not mistaken, the wiring and all is there; all you have to do is hook up the switches and pop a fuse in the box for em and whallah! Swamp !Removed! here you come! :lol: My mom's 96 ES has heated seats and I'm not much for em; seems to me like they're either not making any difference at all, or they're burnin you outta the car! :rolleyes: Then again, once again if I'm not mistaken, I think the newer models have 3 settings rather than just "Lo" and "Hi". I know the LS's have those. B)

U sayin it bein either major hot or not hot at all is b/c of the alternator? Hmm, never woulda thought that. Why you think that? Just wonderin. B) Oh, BTW, two thumbs up on the Coach edition-mine's got cloth, and although I absolutely LOVE it in all aspects, the Coach is nice...black is certainly the way to go too! Once again, I LOVE my black ES. Two thumbs up on that one too! ;)