Customizations For Lexus Es 350 07

aske

Ok, I posted this message last night - it erroneously got posted twice, I guess that is why they were deleted. Here goes again:

Hi folks,

as I continue to love my lexus experience, there are some small things that I want to see if I can 'tweak' to my satisfaction. To that extent, I'd love to hear ideas on what, if anything can be done, and where I can get these customizations:

a) Has anyone managed to add a little more light inside the lexus? There are times when I can't even see basic things like where my garage opener switch is (since it has no lights etc.). Alternately, can I add some glow-spots (or whatever they are called) on certain areas which I'd like a guidance on when it is dark?

Ideally, I'd like it connected to the car power source

B) I liked the fact that in the trunk of my camry, the provided a small storage space where I could keep bottles, paper towels etc. The lexus es 350 trunk is completely empty - no place to keep rainx bottles etc. If I just keep it lying, it is going to roll around. What innovation can I do in my trunk? Some sort of Organizer? How does one fix it to the trunk?

c) Is it at all possible to add some 'blinker' lights to my side mirrors - whenenver I hit my indicators, those lights should blink. Are there any clipon varieties that look nice ? IF so, where can I get it, and have it installed?

d) What other customizations have you done ?

thanks

Ok, I posted this message last night - it erroneously got posted twice, I guess that is why they were deleted. Here goes again:

Hi folks,

as I continue to love my lexus experience, there are some small things that I want to see if I can 'tweak' to my satisfaction. To that extent, I'd love to hear ideas on what, if anything can be done, and where I can get these customizations:

a) Has anyone managed to add a little more light inside the lexus? There are times when I can't even see basic things like where my garage opener switch is (since it has no lights etc.). Alternately, can I add some glow-spots (or whatever they are called) on certain areas which I'd like a guidance on when it is dark?

B) I liked the fact that in the trunk of my camry, the provided a small storage space where I could keep bottles, paper towels etc. The lexus es 350 trunk is completely empty - no place to keep rainx bottles etc. If I just keep it lying, it is going to roll around. What innovation can I do in my trunk? Some sort of Organizer? How does one fix it to the trunk?

c) Is it at all possible to add some 'blinker' lights to my side mirrors - whenenver I hit my indicators, those lights should blink. Are there any clipon varieties that look nice ? IF so, where can I get it, and have it installed?

thanks

I could not agree more and feel the same frustrations with the Lexus ES-350 interior lighting. I am all ears for any modification that can improve the interior lighting. Am all Ears!

Ditto, lighting inside is for owls. And I find it odd the rear passengers don't have a light switch to themselves. It seems Lexus took a step backwards in this department.

My wife drives our ES350; so, there's not much I can do to it. First thing I wanted to do was add wider tires, but the tolerances are so tight in the wheel well, I don't think I can even go to a 225. I'd have to get wheels with an inch extra offset, but then, they may hit the fender.

Our organizer in the trunk is a small cardboard box that holds tow strap, battery cables, etc... It works like a charm; the cardboard absorbs all the bumps so we never hear it bouncing about :lol: .

• 5 months later...

I added GS430 Chrome wheels to my 2007 ES350. They are 8" x 18" with a +45 offset. (Stock ES350 wheels are 7x17 +45). tires are Yokahama Avid w4s 235/45/18. It looks fantastic because it fills out the wheel wells better and brings the tires out closer to the width of the body. They do not rub anywhere and the ride is much tighter. looking from the front or back of the car, it looks more agressive GS'ish without going overboard. Nice, classy, sporty.

I added GS430 Chrome wheels to my 2007 ES350. They are 8" x 18" with a +45 offset. (Stock ES350 wheels are 7x17 +45). tires are Yokahama Avid w4s 235/45/18. It looks fantastic because it fills out the wheel wells better and brings the tires out closer to the width of the body. They do not rub anywhere and the ride is much tighter. looking from the front or back of the car, it looks more agressive GS'ish without going overboard. Nice, classy, sporty.

I was also thinking about upgrading the wheels! Here are a few questions...

1) Did you purchase the rims from a Lexus dealer?

2) Does this affect the precision of the speedometer?

3) Will changing to this rim & tire configuration void the warranty?

Please post some pictures... :cheers:

I would start by visiting your local pepboys , they have mood lighting to add soft led spot lighting for areas, the trunk thing lexus sells as an organizer, and a mirror cap can be customized to fit but may cost a few 100.

So that would suggest that keeping the stock 17 inch wheels but going tp 225/50/17 tires from the stock 215/55/17 should be no problem re clearance. Am I correct??? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

For trunk organization I use the Container Store Folding Crate

http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Produ...mp;PRODID=60192

2 of them fit nicely on the right half of the trunk, one I use to keep all the car related stuff and I leave the other one empty for shopping so the bags don't roll around.

I need to put down larger objects, I just fold the sidewalls down on the crate so it lays flat in the trunk.

So that would suggest that keeping the stock 17 inch wheels but going tp 225/50/17 tires from the stock 215/55/17 should be no problem re clearance. Am I correct??? Thanks.

Sorry it took so long to reply, anyway....

The GS wheels and Tires do not rub anywhere (after 2 months normal use) since they are exactly the same hight as stock, and just about an inch wider (1/2 inside, 1/2 outside) - no clearance problems at all. They are authentic GS Lexus wheels that had been chromed by a reputable chrome plating company and look great - complements daily. As for warranty - I had my local lexus dealer install Tire Pressure Monitors and set them up as the registered second set of tires (via the hidden button under the glove box) so that I can switch to my stock set up in winter. I did have an issue with one of those sensor but Lexus stands behind everything they sell and covered it just like it was my stock set up. I will try to get some pix up soon.

Hi folks,

thanks

I could not agree more and feel the same frustrations with the Lexus ES-350 interior lighting. I am all ears for any modification that can improve the interior lighting. Am all Ears!

Here are some Pix with the GS wheels...

Chuy, The best and easiest way of comparing tire sizes is to go to 1010tires.com and go to their tire calculator.

I have a cargo net in my trunk--holds my car guides, digital tire pressure gauge, car duster, mf towel, and still lot space for bags i do not want milling around when i shop

Takes up no space and expands when u need it too. I recommend it

I have been looking at lighting options, only one I have seen online is under car stuff, no interest there. Have not seen add on blinkers for side mirrors.

PS - My 08 has back lights passengers sides..same types as in the front 3 dots. not lot lighting but good 'enuf for me. Do 07's not have these?

I have a cargo net in my trunk--holds my car guides, digital tire pressure gauge, car duster, mf towel, and still lot space for bags i do not want milling around when i shop

Takes up no space and expands when u need it too. I recommend it

I have been looking at lighting options, only one I have seen online is under car stuff, no interest there. Have not seen add on blinkers for side mirrors.

PS - My 08 has back lights passengers sides..same types as in the front 3 dots. not lot lighting but good 'enuf for me. Do 07's not have these?

Nope, 07's have a hook for clothes, go figure!!!