Rims On My Gs4

Hey guys and gals newbie here to the forum. After two years I finally got my GS4 1998 and I'm loving it. I have a couple of questions. My GS4 has the 17" chromes wheels that really look nice but I was thinking about putting 20's on it. If I put 20's on it will they rub in any way? The reason I ask is that I had a 1998 accord with 18's on it and it would rub on dips and curves if I had four passengers in the car and I don't want my GS rubbing. I also don't want to loose that smooth GS ride and wonder how the 20's will ride?

thanks,

Vic

They won't rub as long as you get the right size tire. Unfortunately, the ride will be stiffer and no as smooth as you'd want but the ride will be ok. The other thing is with that size tire, you better be carefully not to hit any potholes or you'll have this look on your face: :o

• 2 months later...

u should b running a 20x8.5 - 245/35/20 up front max,mayb a 20x9 up front but u will need the right offsets, just remember, just cus its a 5 lug doesn't mean it will fit u'r car, u need the offset 2 b right so it won't rub if and when u decide 2 drop the later... rear u can go a little higher but it depends if u r going with a stagrsd set ot a even set up on wheels,...

u should b running a 20x8.5 - 245/35/20 up front max,mayb a 20x9 up front but u will need the right offsets, just remember, just cus its a 5 lug doesn't mean it will fit u'r car, u need the offset 2 b right so it won't rub if and when u decide 2 drop the later... rear u can go a little higher but it depends if u r going with a stagrsd set ot a even set up on wheels,...

Hey Bluelex, what size do you have? Rim and tire size front and back? I have the same color as you and curious cause I"m looking real hard right now, bout to buy. THanks!

KJ

i've got 20x8.5 front with a 245/35/20 tire and a +44 offset up there. the rear is a 20x10 with a 275/30/20 tire and a +48 offset, i have the car dropped about a 1.5" mayb more, no rubbing at all, it was lower with no rubbing but i raised cus the tire ware was getting bad 2 do it being a negative camber....good luck keep us posted..