Need Help! -- Buying A Sc300

luxlex

Hey folks!

I am new to this board and I need some guidance.

I want to buy a 1997 Lexus SC300 with a manual 5-speed transmission. I am looking to get one with about 70,000 to 90,000 miles on it with good condition paint.

What is a fair price on this type of car? Also, does the 1997 model have passenger airbags?

Please help!

Thanks in advance for your help.

For a good sc 300 5 speed 97, not ragged out...hmmm...I say you should expect to pay a good 15K at least....

yes 97 has passenger airbags...

mine is a 95 and it was in great condition when I bought it with 80K miles...

I paid 10,000 but I got an awesome deal because the owner needed to sell fast cos he was moving to Brazil,........

If you have the cash dont be afraid to offer 3 to 4 thousand dollars under what the person is asking for.... you never know if the seller really needs the money and would say screw it....and sells it to you...

Thats how I got mine for so cheap...actually I didnt even pay 10,000...I got it for 9,000....plus taxes and tags and stuff...the guy that sold it to me was originally asking 14,000 for it, and I kept bugging the guy until I convinced him....he, he, he....

Good luck!

I didn't know they still offered a 5 speed in 97. If so 15 grand sounds about right. I paid 10,500 with all taxes and license fees for my 92 with 104,000 on the clock.

It was a bit more than I wanted to pay, but the maintainence stamps showed all services had been done as suggested so I took a chance. I've had it for a little over 2 months and no problems. I do have the weak trunk strut, bad lighting on temperature control LED, and cracked center vent on A/C that so many seem to experience. I can live with it.

Good Luck.