97 Es300 Pcv Valve

1995 ES300. When i tried removing mine, i had to lever it up with a screwdriver and it broke into pieces which fell into the valve cover.

Keep a pair of long tweezers handy, just in case. I had to improvise using two pieces of a coat hanger as a long tweezer.

Don't forget to change the grommet - available at NAPA

1995 ES300. When i tried removing mine, i had to lever it up with a screwdriver and it broke into pieces which fell into the valve cover.

Keep a pair of long tweezers handy, just in case. I had to improvise using two pieces of a coat hanger as a long tweezer.

Don't forget to change the grommet - available at NAPA

Your reply is exactly what I am afraid of doing (breaking the valve or damaging the grommet). I want to remove & clean the PCV valve so damage to the part is more critical than if I was replacing it. Most PCV valves simply pull straight out, but this one seems to be locked in somehow. I have the service manual, but it does not instruct on the exact technique to remove. I called a local Lexus dealership & a Toyota dealership and nobody in the service or parts department knew how to remove. They suggested I call 800-25-LEXUS for help. I called and they could not figure it out, but they suggested I go to techinfo.toyota.com for help. I went there, but it seems to be a paid subscription site.

Oh well, if anyone has a fool-proof way of removing, cleaning & replacing the PCV valve without damaging it or the grommet, please reply. Thanks to everyone for your posts.

put some oil btween PCV and grommet, turn 180 then 360 then try to pull.

This is the reason i replacing grommet and PCV every 15,000. try this, i am sure it will out.

if any reason you break it, there is a grid between cover and valve. no problem.

Good luck.

Use oil or wd40 or silicone.

i would wrap a cloth around the valve, and grip the valve with a needlenose plier and turn.

A new PCV valve costs only around $7 or so and a new grommet, which you should replace anyway, costs only around $3.

There is a grid below the PCV valve so any pieces will fall onto the grid and can be removed. If not for this grid i would have had to remove the entire valve cover - big job.

• 4 years later...

hi guys i am trying to replace the pcv valve on my 97 es300 as well, i think its about time it gets anew one..but..first time ia m doing this, where is it?!!! does anyone have a pic or maybe can help direct me to where it is..

hi guys i am trying to replace the pcv valve on my 97 es300 as well, i think its about time it gets anew one..but..first time ia m doing this, where is it?!!! does anyone have a pic or maybe can help direct me to where it is..

Do a search since I know there are a zillion pixs of them. Pass side on the rear cover. If you have not changed it (about every 12 to 15K) , the grommet WILL break. No big deal. Get some pilers and fish it out of the hole. At least Lexus got smart and made them out of metal in the newer years.

Thanks Sump...found it today (hidden on the passenger side, right above the rear three spark plugs) and i changed it out. pried it out gently with a flatbed screwdriver and it was a simple pop out/pop new one in. didnt have a grommet so used the one on there, cleaned it up a bit...hopefully will hold.

easiest maintenance item after an air filter :)