Just Bought Sc430...top Doesn't Come Down

Reyan

Is there some trick to getting the top to come down? When I press the button it turns red and nothing happens. I made sure the liner was in place and emptied the trunk, but still nothing. Am I doing something wrong or is this thing broken.

Is there some trick to getting the top to come down? When I press the button it turns red and nothing happens. I made sure the liner was in place and emptied the trunk, but still nothing. Am I doing something wrong or is this thing broken.

This may seem like a dumb question but, are you pressing and HOLDING the button? You have to hold the button down through the entire cycle, until the top finishes goes up (or down), the red light goes out and the car gives you the little "bing".

FYI, one of the great features of the LuxLink module is the ability to "double-click" the button to open or close the top; you don't have the hold the button the entire time! So nice!

This may seem like a dumb question but, are you pressing and HOLDING the button? You have to hold the button down through the entire cycle, until the top finishes goes up (or down), the red light goes out and the car gives you the little "bing".

FYI, one of the great features of the LuxLink module is the ability to "double-click" the button to open or close the top; you don't have the hold the button the entire time! So nice!

Yah, I've held it for 40 seconds before and nothing happens..there is no movement whatsoever. How do I get this luxlink module?

Luxury Motor Works makes/sells the LuxLink module....

Luxury Motor Works

However, it won't solve your problem. The module just tells the car when to make the top go down. If the car won't let the top go down, the module can't make the top go down either. For example. If the retractable tonneau cover in the trunk is not extended in place, the car won't let the top go down, and the LuxLink module can't override this...it's essentially just holding the button down for you.

However, if there's some interlock that's not letting the car put the top down (like the tonneau cover), the light on the top switch should blink, telling you "Hey, something's not right". If you press and hold the button, and the red light on the switch is on solid but the top isn't moving, it's time to head to the dealer. If the light's blinking, it's probably either the tonneau cover not seated properly in the trunk (make sure BOTH sides are slid all the way in place) or the button in the glove box is in "valet" mode...which disables both the retractable top and the button-on-the-dash trunk release.

Good luck and let us know the result.

• Like 2

Habious,

You are a Godsend...I've been asking around and nobody ever mentioned the valet button....even the dealer that sold it to me....

It finally works and it was such a great thrill!! thanks!!

• Like 1

I am in Pennsylvania Where did you have the luxlink instaleld . I ahev been looking at the device But I am not sure I can tackle the install my self .

Buddy

mrblister@earthlink.net

Luxury Motor Works

However, it won't solve your problem. The module just tells the car when to make the top go down. If the car won't let the top go down, the module can't make the top go down either. For example. If the retractable tonneau cover in the trunk is not extended in place, the car won't let the top go down, and the LuxLink module can't override this...it's essentially just holding the button down for you.

However, if there's some interlock that's not letting the car put the top down (like the tonneau cover), the light on the top switch should blink, telling you "Hey, something's not right". If you press and hold the button, and the red light on the switch is on solid but the top isn't moving, it's time to head to the dealer. If the light's blinking, it's probably either the tonneau cover not seated properly in the trunk (make sure BOTH sides are slid all the way in place) or the button in the glove box is in "valet" mode...which disables both the retractable top and the button-on-the-dash trunk release.

• 1 year later...

My first date was like that,,, JK, I had to :lol::lol::lol:

• 3 years later...

That joke was really funny! By the way, I had forgotten about the valet switch and a week into owning my SC430 and while showing her off to the neighbor I tried to get her top down, saw the red light, and nothing happened. Never happened to me on a date :whistles: before. So sad (and embarrassed)! Thanks for the post!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
On 11/9/2007 at 5:34 PM, Habious said:

Luxury Motor Works

You are amazing brother!!  Whoever you are.  Just bought a 2002 at auction and I guess someone gave up on this car for the top not working.  Well, the tonneau cover was not in place.  I put it back and the top worked!!!!    I cant thank you people on here enough.  God bless!! 

• Like 1