Throttle Acting Funny

ok sometimes when i am driving around i lose att throttle responce and the car starts to slow down.

during this time i can feel it trying to come back as i play with the gas and then eventualy it will come back and work again. dose not seem to happen more than once a trip. and most of the time it semes to happen when i first start and get on my way, but earlier it was fine then as i was pulling into the parking lot it happoned again.

so any thoughts on this. i just replaced the spark plugs and wires and the distributer cap and rotor. in hopes it would help but no dice.

im thinking the tps might be going bad or the coil could be going bad

Could be the tps sensor. I have a new Lexus tps sensor, part number (89452-22090) that I could let you have cheaper than what the dealer wants. You can e-mail me if you find you need a new one: OBRIE00@comcast.net

Does your check engine light, or TRAC OFF, or TRAC light come on at all? Just asking in general.

no im not getting any lights ie.codes when this happens.

yea i went to advanced today and they have one for like 110 so that aint bad

i just bought a voltmeter the next time it happens im going to see if the tps is putting out a signal if not then i know its bad. when its working properly it puts out .60v at closed throttle and 3.80v at wide open throttle.

are there any precautions i need to take when swaping it out if i decide to. need to know if any adjustments need to be made. and if so how

It should put out a code 41 if the tps sensor is going bad. No precautions, but you should re-calibrate the tps sensor. Go to: www.lexls.com you'll find how to re-tune it there under the engine tutorial section I believe.

Even if you don't have a code it may be starting to fail. Especially if its the original sensor from a 92 model.

It should put out a code 41 if the tps sensor is going bad. No precautions, but you should re-calibrate the tps sensor. Go to: www.lexls.com you'll find how to re-tune it there under the engine tutorial section I believe.

Even if you don't have a code it may be starting to fail. Especially if its the original sensor from a 92 model.

negative could not find anything about adjusting it. on lexls that hole site is based off the 400

i went ahead and replaced it and right now it seems fine still doing some minor tweeks.

the hole gas milage thing is not a factor i cant go by right now due to the face that i dont have O/D and right now im getting about 14 to 15 mpg.

the jacked up thing is that on the way to the parts store to get the tps i hit a pot hole and lost 4th gear seems like for good this time. in previous posts i have had issues with this.

next im going back to atl. for 10 days on leave and i know some one with the hole 5 speed swap.

but that drive is gonna be fun 65mph at 4000 rpm is no fun