Disabling Height Control

md0125

I have a 1999 LX470 that I am having what I believe is a height sensor problem with. Each time it rains the front sinks as low as it possibly can while the rear is pinned in its highest position; this makes for a brutal ride. Each time this happens it eventually reverts to normal (I am guessing once the sensors have dried out). I do not use the car very much-less then 5000 miles per year-and am wondering if there is a way to disable the height control once it returns to normal itstead of getting killed by the dealer. One earlier posting refers to pulling the fuse but I actually see three AHC fuses and am not sure which one to pull or if this is really an option. I would like to somehow force it to stay in the 'N' position once it comes back.

Also, if there is no way around this does anyone know where I might be able to locate these sensors other than at a dealer? It looks like a pretty straightforward job and I am up for giving it a try if necessary. Thanks for any advice.

I have a 1999 LX470 that I am having what I believe is a height sensor problem with. Each time it rains the front sinks as low as it possibly can while the rear is pinned in its highest position; this makes for a brutal ride. Each time this happens it eventually reverts to normal (I am guessing once the sensors have dried out). I do not use the car very much-less then 5000 miles per year-and am wondering if there is a way to disable the height control once it returns to normal itstead of getting killed by the dealer. One earlier posting refers to pulling the fuse but I actually see three AHC fuses and am not sure which one to pull or if this is really an option. I would like to somehow force it to stay in the 'N' position once it comes back.

Also, if there is no way around this does anyone know where I might be able to locate these sensors other than at a dealer? It looks like a pretty straightforward job and I am up for giving it a try if necessary. Thanks for any advice.

I'm not really familiar with the fuse mod, but that is strange though. It should be always in the "N" position (even loading and unloading and turning on and off the vehicle when it goes up and down). :huh:

• 1 month later...

Why not remove the height sensors, dry them out thoroughly in a 200 deg oven overnite, then thoroughly waterproof them. Also check the connectors the most likely cause.

Dealer item only