Ls 400 Or Gs 400

I am thinking of buying a Lexus. I used to drive a LS 400 a few years back. Now I have moved to Canada and looking at the option of buying either a used LS400 or a GS 400. I prefer the softer ride to the sporty. I preferred the ride of the LS400 to the BMW 7 Series.

I would appreciate any advice as I have never driven a GS400.

Thank you

I own both, and they are both great cars, but they are different in many ways. The best advice is to test drive a GS400, but my feeling is that you'll stay with the LS - the GS with 17 inch wheels is a real handler, but they ride more firmly than the LS.

I own both, and they are both great cars, but they are different in many ways. The best advice is to test drive a GS400, but my feeling is that you'll stay with the LS - the GS with 17 inch wheels is a real handler, but they ride more firmly than the LS.

Thank you very much for the advice. I really liked the LS 400. So probably would go with it. The part of Canada, where I live gets a lot of snow. Do you have advice on the LS400 in snow conditions? Right now I drive a SUV, a Ford Expedition as it is very handy in winter.

I have a beater car for when it snows, and I have only driven the LS briefly in snow/ice - not that we get much in Victoria. With an independant rear axle they are at a disadvantage, and for sure you'll need snow tires at all four corners. I also find that the door locks, handles, and mechanisms freeze up easily preventing one from even getting in the car. Not the best snow car.

I have a beater car for when it snows, and I have only driven the LS briefly in snow/ice - not that we get much in Victoria. With an independant rear axle they are at a disadvantage, and for sure you'll need snow tires at all four corners. I also find that the door locks, handles, and mechanisms freeze up easily preventing one from even getting in the car. Not the best snow car.

Thanks. I think I will do the same too. Maybe get a small beater 4x4 for use in winter. The snow stays here till end of April at least. A lot of people use normal cars with winter tires though. The snow free months are from May till end of November. But the roads are cleared all the time.