Oil Filter Tool 07 Es 350

Gomez

Hello:

I would like to change the oil in my 2007 ES 350. The problem is that I keep reading about a "Special Service Tool" for the oil filter. I went to my local Lexus Dealer inquiring about this tool and the guy told me that they don't sell it. Does anyone have the same problem? I don't know were to find this tool. I searched on google and came across a TOY640 tool for the Toyota Avalon which should work but I am not sure.

Please help. I really don't think it is necessary to pay $140 or more for an oil change and tire rotation at the dealer.

Thanks in advance.

Hello:

I would like to change the oil in my 2007 ES 350. The problem is that I keep reading about a "Special Service Tool" for the oil filter. I went to my local Lexus Dealer inquiring about this tool and the guy told me that they don't sell it. Does anyone have the same problem? I don't know were to find this tool. I searched on google and came across a TOY640 tool for the Toyota Avalon which should work but I am not sure.

Please help. I really don't think it is necessary to pay $140 or more for an oil change and tire rotation at the dealer.

Thanks in advance.

I got my 10,000 mile oil change at the dealer and it cost $260(!!!) My 15,000 mile oilchange I went to Jiffy Lube! There was no problem.

Hello:

Thanks in advance.

I go my 10,000 mile oil change at the dealer and it cost $260(!!!) My 15,000 mile oilchange I went to Jiffy Lube! There was no problem.

We go to our local Toyota dealership for oil changes. I hate when people say our ES is a "dressed up Camry" but I will swallow my pride and get the $24 Camry oil change any day.

Hello:

Thanks in advance.

Is this what you're looking for? >> Lexus Oil Filter Wrench

Hello:

Thanks in advance.

Is this what you're looking for? >> Lexus Oil Filter Wrench

I am not sure if that is the tool I need. Is that what you use for yours?

Actually, I don't change my oil myself anymore, but the listed oil filter wrench is supposed to be used for the '07-'08 ES 350's.

I went under the car and noticed the oil filter aluminum housing. It looks different from this tool. It is not a canister filter. The filter media comes separate from the actual housing. The only thing you replace is the paper filter media but you need a tool to remove the filter housing.

Maybe I will give these guys a call to find out.

Actually, I don't change my oil myself anymore, but the listed oil filter wrench is supposed to be used for the '07-'08 ES 350's.

I went under the car and noticed the oil filter aluminum housing. It looks different from this tool. It is not a canister filter. The filter media comes separate from the actual housing. The only thing you replace is the paper filter media but you need a tool to remove the filter housing.

Maybe I will give these guys a call to find out.

I found this article and photos on another forum site:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/lexu...350-oil-change/

I wasn't aware that the '07-'08 ES's changed the filter type from previous models, but that was the canister wrench they listed for your type of car.(Sewell Lexus).

Like you said, the best thing to do is to call Lexus Corporation to get the correct information. Besides, the price listed was extremely high. I'm sure there are wrenches that'll do the job for alot less. I'm sure that other service stations can remove these filters without using the Lexus type wrenches. :)

I wasn't aware that the '07-'08 ES's changed the filter type from previous models, but that was the canister wrench they listed for your type of car.(Sewell Lexus).

Like you said, the best thing to do is to call Lexus Corporation to get the correct information. Besides, the price listed was extremely high. I'm sure there are wrenches that'll do the job for alot less. I'm sure that other service stations can remove these filters without using the Lexus type wrenches. :)

I ordered the tool wrench from www.toolsource.com and received it today. The part # is TOY640 and it is manufactured by AST (Assenmacher Specialty Tools, Inc.) It looks like a heavy duty tool and worth the $16.00 buck + shipping of course.

You can probably get this from any local automotive parts store but a little less quality.

Thanks for all your feedback and help.