Is It Worth Selling '07 Es350 For 2005 Ls430 Ultra Luxury Package?

akhawaja

Hey Lexus owners.... advise me with the following scenario...

I have an offer of a beautiful 2005 LS 430, ultra luxury package which includes all the features like, navigation, bluetooth, rear seats massager, rear control unit (for ac, radio, music player etc..) in the arm rest for rear passengers and on top of all this, V8, 4.3L and 290hp and it just looks and feels awsome!

pls note: it doesn't have DVD, mp3 player which I currently have for my ES350. Moreover, the warranty is an issue.

Do you think it's worth for me to sell my 2007 ES350 full options FOR 2005 LS430?

I have an offer of a beautiful 2005 LS 430, ultra luxury package which includes all the features like, navigation, bluetooth, rear seats massager, rear control unit (for ac, radio, music player etc..) in the arm rest for rear passengers and on top of all this, V8, 4.3L and 290hp and it just looks and feels awsome!

pls note: it doesn't have DVD, mp3 player which I currently have for my ES350. Moreover, the warranty is an issue.

Do you think it's worth for me to sell my 2007 ES350 full options FOR 2005 LS430?

How much mileage is on the LS, and is this car being sold by a Lexus dealer or a private party? Also, how much $$ are they asking, and are you willing to take a loss when selling your car?

In one word, NO.

How much mileage is on the LS, and is this car being sold by a Lexus dealer or a private party? Also, how much $$ are they asking, and are you willing to take a loss when selling your car?

The mileage in my ES350 is 20K and I have an offer of $34K

The mileage on the LS430 is 48K and it's for $37K

Lexus dealers are the ones I'm dealing with to sell and purchase....

In one word, NO.

Why shepsan? U don't like LS? OR going fom new to old is an issue... talk to me in more detail....

Well, I wouldn't do it, mainly because of the LS's mileage. Why would you want a car that's considered 3 years old, and than on top of it........you'll be paying a premium price. I think that this is no longer a viable deal, IMHO.

In one word, NO.

Why shepsan? U don't like LS? OR going fom new to old is an issue... talk to me in more detail....

akhawaja. I tried to be brief in my initial response but since you asked me to provide detail, here it is:

I believe that choosing an automobile involves both objectivity and subjectivity. Objectivity is a simple matter of comparing factual things. Subjectivity is what one’s senses relay. Everyone can look at statistics and see the same things. However, what one feels, excitement or pleasure is an altogether different thing.

I consider both the LS430 and the 2007 ES350 models to be excellent automobiles. They are similar yet quite different in many ways. The main difference is that the LS is two to three years older than the ES. Regardless of the manner in which its previous owner cared for it, there has to be a measurable amount of wear accumulated. Secondly, its warranty has been reduced because of the miles driven. Any 2005 automobile will have a lesser amount of miles remaining before its warranty is exhausted than an automobile with a new warranty.

The next consideration is that the LS is a rear wheel 8-cylinder powered car while the ES is a front wheel 6-cylinder powered car. To some, this equates to both a significant difference in power and handling control. With today’s stop-and-go driving, freeway travel and even interstate journeys, either car handles the driving with power, comfort and enjoyment. Thus, I think this matter is a non-issue. The ES however, does these things as safely but at a more economical rate of gasoline cost per mile than the LS.

The LS is about six inches longer, one inch higher and less than one-half inch wider than the ES. Except for length, these figures are not so different as to make any significant difference in garage or street parking.

Interior dimensions are equally similar with the LS offering a bit more room for driver and passengers. The real difference in size is that of cargo space with the LS having approximately 6 cuft. more space than the ES. I find both models meet my needs as far as physical comfort and storage needs are required.

Those are factual things. Sensory aspects differ from person to person. I do not find that the LS has any greater number or more technically advanced creature comforts than the ES. In fact, I favor those installed in the 2007 ES to be superior to those in the 2005 LS.

Styling is also in the eye of the beholder. I favor the ES exterior styling because it presents to my eye a sleeker overall image. With regard to interiors, the ES is more understated. I do not find it as opulent as the LS. Yet, it fits my personality better.

Lastly, my history of automobile ownership began a long time ago and is quite extensive. I have owned numerous expensive and high-powered luxury cars. I presently own a 2007 Lexus ES350. Considering everything, I would not trade my ES for any of my former cars. It meets my needs in a car and pleases my desire for power, luxury and comfort. Now, if I had to compare it with the 2008 LS, I might have another opinion.

Good luck with your decision.

I agree with sheepsan except for a few things.

1. The LS is significantly larger inside than the ES, especially in the back seat

2. In my experience the ES is no more fuel efficient than the LS.

I still wouldn't do it, you're loosing $10k in value on your ES and at $37k the LS isn't a screaming deal. Yes the LS is a better car, but this would have only been a viable comparison had you not hyet bought the ES.

I agree with sheepsan except for a few things.

1. The LS is significantly larger inside than the ES, especially in the back seat

2. In my experience the ES is no more fuel efficient than the LS.

I still wouldn't do it, you're loosing $10k in value on your ES and at $37k the LS isn't a screaming deal. Yes the LS is a better car, but this would have only been a viable comparison had you not hyet bought the ES.

I was a crazy fan of the LS since it came out in the early 90's. I have owned a 1994 GS300... then I got myself a 2003 ES 300 and now I drive 2007 ES350. My brother owns 2003 RX330 and my dad drives 2003 ES 300. We are purely a Lexus family.. and weall live together too. I'm the youngest one and tend to spend more and usually tend to get what I decide to buy.

Sheepsan... Thanks so much for all the details and your time to write all the facts... After reading your comments I was so confused that I got up, went to the dealers and just test drive to see and play with the options of the car I'm confused about... so I tested two different LS 430s. I tell ya... LS is amazing... and I think I'm hooked on it for some reason... The power... the comfort... the smoothness... the space.... massager, cool box,. suide window curtains... clean history engine.... I couldn't stop drooling :)

Thanks for all your time...

Oh the LS is a spectacular car. I'm like you, the LS is the Lexus I've always wanted. However, I honestly don't think theres enough of a difference in how they drive when you arent constantly swapping back and forth to warrant taking bath on the ES.