Install Help

LexES 300

I have a 1998 Lexus ES300 w/o navigation, and I am wanting to install a double din nav system, specifically, the Pioneer AVIC-D3. What wiring harness would i need and is there anything else beside the dash kit and nav system? I still want to keep the factory speakers and amp though. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Mark

not sure about the wiring harness, but i would have the speakers chcked out because on the older car there was an active amplifier.. with this old speakers couldnt be used according to the installer.. so i installed aftermarket which were miles better

• 2 months later...

Did you finish your installation already?

I just saw this post now. Here are the installation items for my 2000 ES300 (with factory amp), I think Metra makes the harness you need.

List of items I used:

- Scosche LS2081B (Double DIN Installation Kit for Select 1997-2003 Lexus ES300)

- Metra 70-8113 (LEXUS ES300 1999-2001 AMP BY-PASS)

And the following items (from Crutchfield):

- PAC SNI-1 RCA Ground Loop Noise Isolator (x2) - these helped only a little

- American International S15A 15-amp/250-watt Noise Filter - eliminated 90% of the audio buzz

- American International AS100 Noise Filter for Motorola Antenna

- 1 day subscription here for splice locations for Vehicle speed sensor wire, parking brake wire: https://techinfo.toyota.com

I have a 1998 Lexus ES300 w/o navigation, and I am wanting to install a double din nav system, specifically, the Pioneer AVIC-D3. What wiring harness would i need and is there anything else beside the dash kit and nav system? I still want to keep the factory speakers and amp though. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Mark