Brakes 90 Ls 400

oceanrunner

I have a 90 ls 400 that has a spoggie brake padel. I replaced the Master Cyclinder,brake booster(used), and bled the brake for air. The padel is real hard, but when I start the vehicle, the padel sinks to the floor. When I cut it off, hard again. When I disconnected the vac line to the booster while vehicle running, the padel remained hard...Any suggestion what may be the problem?

I have a 90 ls 400 that has a spoggie brake padel. I replaced the Master Cyclinder,brake booster(used), and bled the brake for air. The padel is real hard, but when I start the vehicle, the padel sinks to the floor. When I cut it off, hard again. When I disconnected the vac line to the booster while vehicle running, the padel remained hard...Any suggestion what may be the problem?

Booster is leaking again. Hard brake means the brakes are bled, sinking brake when engine is running means the booster diaphragm is leaking. sorry.

Booster is leaking again. Hard brake means the brakes are bled, sinking brake when engine is running means the booster diaphragm is leaking. sorry.

Where is the booster diaphragm located? Can I just replace the booster diaphragm ?

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar problem. I would advise to take the upper plastic engine cover of the engine, and check the brake air line for cracks, fatter you probably find that the line is cracked then I would see the brake that the brakes are properly bled. If the problems persist the brake pump, booster could be your problem, but not before checking the above. My brakes were kind of spongy until I found a cracked brake booster line under the middle of the engine below the main engine cover that in my case has four nuts.

CPR