Cassette Adapter

howat

I recent spend $15 on a cassette adapter to play music on my MP3 player, since my cd changer no longer works, and it absolutely does not work. The cassette adapter would go into the slot, however 20 seconds later it would spit it back out. So..save your money and find some other way to play your content in the car's cabin. If someone had posted this advise earlier, I'd still have my $15 in my pocket...lol. Thanks for reading and this forum is wonderful!

I've run into the same thing. I have 2 that don't work. One is a Phillips. I don't recall what the other is.

Actually, the cheap one I got at Radio Shack works fine.

Different ones are designed differently.

It depends on whether both wheels turn or not. The lexus cassette looks to make sure both sides are turning. to make sure its not jamming.

You just need to get an adapter that has the 2 wheels "tied" together, and it'll work.

I recent spend $15 on a cassette adapter to play music on my MP3 player, since my cd changer no longer works, and it absolutely does not work. The cassette adapter would go into the slot, however 20 seconds later it would spit it back out. So..save your money and find some other way to play your content in the car's cabin. If someone had posted this advise earlier, I'd still have my $15 in my pocket...lol. Thanks for reading and this forum is wonderful!

I've run into the same thing. I have 2 that don't work. One is a Phillips. I don't recall what the other is.

Actually, the cheap one I got at Radio Shack works fine.

Different ones are designed differently.

It depends on whether both wheels turn or not. The lexus cassette looks to make sure both sides are turning. to make sure its not jamming.

You just need to get an adapter that has the 2 wheels "tied" together, and it'll work.

I too use a cassette adapter to play my mp3 and it works great. BUT I had to return it for a replacement. The first one I bought did not work. I replaced it with the same brand and it workd fine and I enjoy my old time radio programs in MP3 and simulated stereo in my car.

Hi,

Went home and checked the functionality of the GE cassette adapter I bought. I tested it, just using my fingers to turn, and found out both wheels are 'tied' together and must turn simultaneously. Additionally, the wheels only turn in one direction. So, what do I do now? Are 1998 cassette players different? Or should I look for an adapter that rotates 'untied' and in both directions? thx

Loco ese,

I'm not planning on selling the existing cd changer. I don't think its broken, but the there's something wrong with the mechanism when I close the cd player's cap... it just clicks. Besides, I think its such a hassle to go back to the trunk to change out CDs i'm lazy. But, if I decide to rip it out, I'll let you know. I'm not sure of number of CDs in the changer...whatever the stock is.

BTW, how much do you think it'll cost if I change out the system to a front based cd changer? Would the labor rate be extraordinary?