Is Anyone Having Problems Replacing Brake Rotor

:cries:

I have a 2006 IS250 with 30,000 miles and my Dealer said that the IS Series have disposable rotor disc???? It sounds like every time I change my pads I will have to change my rotor disc... NOT HAPPY.. $600. a pop.........

Is anyone experiencing the same problem?????

I have a 2006 IS250 with 30,000 miles and my Dealer said that the IS Series have disposable rotor disc???? It sounds like every time I change my pads I will have to change my rotor disc... NOT HAPPY.. $600. a pop.........

It might be too late to change your storry but....complain about having too much brake dust on the rims of your front wheels. Lexus will replace the brake pads and rotors for free because they have a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) that fixes excessive brake dust. It does not matter how many miles are on the vehicle but it also depends on the dealer as well.

It might be too late to change your storry but....complain about having too much brake dust on the rims of your front wheels. Lexus will replace the brake pads and rotors for free because they have a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) that fixes excessive brake dust. It does not matter how many miles are on the vehicle but it also depends on the dealer as well.

I don't think the TSIB covers the rotors..just the pads. However I have heard many dealers turn/resurface the rotors when the change the pads..but I don't think they are obliged to as part of the warranty work.

Just about all cars now don't have much extra meat on the rotors..meaning they may only be able to be turned once..or perhaps not at all before they would fall below mfg specs.

Are you getting quotes of $600 per rotor? I am assuming you are only talking about the fronts? Rears pads should wear forever as the fronts do 70% of the work. Ask the dealer what the minimum thickness is for the rotors..ask him what the current ones have now...if you still don't buy what he is saying..ask to see the measurement done by the technician.

I don't think the TSIB covers the rotors..just the pads. However I have heard many dealers turn/resurface the rotors when the change the pads..but I don't think they are obliged to as part of the warranty work.

Just about all cars now don't have much extra meat on the rotors..meaning they may only be able to be turned once..or perhaps not at all before they would fall below mfg specs.

Are you getting quotes of $600 per rotor? I am assuming you are only talking about the fronts? Rears pads should wear forever as the fronts do 70% of the work. Ask the dealer what the minimum thickness is for the rotors..ask him what the current ones have now...if you still don't buy what he is saying..ask to see the measurement done by the technician.

Yeh, you might be right about the rotors. They don't automatically replace them but as you stated, some dealers will cut the rotor if they think it is needed. However, I have not heard what happens if you have the TSB done but the rotors can't be used again. It is a long shot but I would push for replacements at the dealers expense. At the very least try to cut a deal on the cost of the rotors...

When I had the TSB done, they didn't replace or cut the rotors..at first I was a bit upset..but since there isn't any pulsing or vibration in the pedal when braking, it tells me its ok...If there would have been, it would indicate warped/uneven rotors.

So I am actually glad they didn't cut them..saving meat for when the pads get replaced when worn out...My car had about 13K miles when it was done which isn't much in the life of a brake pad.

So don't get to upset if they don't cut the rotors...Replacing would be nice..but there really isn't any need to..so why should the dealer do it esp if its not part of the TSB.

I anxiously await the pricing on the F Sport brakes..which might be fun to do

I have 40,000 on my '06 IS350 and had the TSIB done about 2 weeks ago. The dealership I went to changed the rotors also. On the receipt, it said that they were too worn to turn, so they replaced them. No charge. I couldn't be happier with the pad change. I now get about a tenth of the brake dust. I think if your rotors are too worn to turn, they should replace them. I mean, it was probably the high friction brake pads that caused the accelerated wear anyway. Or at least that's what you could say.