Thank God I Found This Forum!

Hi everybody! Newbie here. My wife and I own a Black Pearl 06 IS250 AWD and love it!

I have a quick question that has probably been beat to death here, I'm just having alittle trouble with the search function on this forum.

I'm trying to set up a direct FM input from my Sirius S50 to the back of the factory radio input, I have all the hardware but cannot for the life of me figure out the best way to de-construct the radio area.

I've searched all over the web for a diagram or shop manual page, just haven't had any luck and I stumbled across this forum while I was doing that.

So, without breaking anything, what is the best way to access the back of the factory radio? If it helps, no navigation, jsut the 6-disc cd changer. We bought the car in Feb of 06 with the Sirius promise that never came through and can't stand XM. We've had the S50 installed for a while, but the antenna of this car picks up everything so there's tons of static all the time. The direct input should help that right?

Thanks and dont' beat the new guy! :blushing:

Hi everybody! Newbie here. My wife and I own a Black Pearl 06 IS250 AWD and love it!

I have a quick question that has probably been beat to death here, I'm just having alittle trouble with the search function on this forum.

I'm trying to set up a direct FM input from my Sirius S50 to the back of the factory radio input, I have all the hardware but cannot for the life of me figure out the best way to de-construct the radio area.

I've searched all over the web for a diagram or shop manual page, just haven't had any luck and I stumbled across this forum while I was doing that.

So, without breaking anything, what is the best way to access the back of the factory radio? If it helps, no navigation, jsut the 6-disc cd changer. We bought the car in Feb of 06 with the Sirius promise that never came through and can't stand XM. We've had the S50 installed for a while, but the antenna of this car picks up everything so there's tons of static all the time. The direct input should help that right?

You might try techinfo.toyota.com

It will cost you $10 to access and might not have what you want..but it might be woth it..rather than risk breaking something more expensive

There is a bunch of How-To threads out there to perform what is know as the "Nav hack" to get the DVD and other functions to work while the vehicle is moving. Some have great step-by-step pictures of how to remove the radio to gain access to the wiring. Do your homework on this and other IS250 sites and you should find enough information to wire up your Sat Radio blindfolded. :ph34r: (Well maybe that wouldn't be a good idea.)

Oh yeh, and welcome to the site.

Regards,