How To Change Oil 2006 Gs430

I am in the middle of no-where SW MN so changing the oil and rotating tires is easier done at home. Plus, I enjoy the extra care I give the car. Does anyone have information on what panels need to be removed and where the drain plug is etc.? Thanks in advance.

I am in the middle of no-where SW MN so changing the oil and rotating tires is easier done at home. Plus, I enjoy the extra care I give the car. Does anyone have information on what panels need to be removed and where the drain plug is etc.? Thanks in advance.

I just changed the oil and filter along with the cabin filter a couple of thousand miles ago at 15,000 miles (bought it certified with 12,000 miles).

Jack up the passenger side enough to get under the front of the car and look for a 8" by 10" panel a couple of feet back from the front bumper that is held in place by 6 to 8 screws. The small panel is part of the larger belly pan under most of the engine compartment and is removed to gain access to the spin on (not cartridge) oil filter. Remove the screws and the filter is right there. The oil pan drain plug (14mm) is located toward the rear of the car just past the end of the engine compartment belly pan pretty much even with the firewall of the car. It is so far back from the front bumper that I first thought it was the drain for the transmission. The drain plug faces the rear of the car so just feel around for it.

BTW, the cabin filter can be accessed through the glove compartment. Just remove the divider tray and the access panel for the cabin filter will stare you in the face.

All in all, the car is very easy to work on. I installed a VAIS Tech iPod adapter last week and it took me about an hour to finish the job even though I had to take apart the center console and pull the ML nav unit. A little prying, two screws and 4 10mm bolts did the job.