2006 Gs300 Dvd/navi W/ Ml Vais Ipod Help Needed!

Hey Guys,

If anyone has installed this unit in their car please let me know if you needed a special adapter for the 06 GS300 awd/dvd/Navi/6 disc/ w/ Mark Levinson package. They say to remove and plug in the 20 pin plug in to their harness but i have looked all over the back of the oem head unit and cant find a 20 pin plug anywhere... any feedback would be appericated.

Hey Guys,

If anyone has installed this unit in their car please let me know if you needed a special adapter for the 06 GS300 awd/dvd/Navi/6 disc/ w/ Mark Levinson package. They say to remove and plug in the 20 pin plug in to their harness but i have looked all over the back of the oem head unit and cant find a 20 pin plug anywhere... any feedback would be appericated.

Look at the "sticky" post at the top of the forum that says DVD Bypass is finally here. It shows pictures of how to remove the head unit and make the modification for that topic, but the pictures also show all of the connectors too. I did both the bypass and installed the Vais adapter, and everything was as described. The pictures in the bypass post really help. If you have an '06, I can't imagine your's being different?? Good luck!

Hey Guys,

Look at the "sticky" post at the top of the forum that says DVD Bypass is finally here. It shows pictures of how to remove the head unit and make the modification for that topic, but the pictures also show all of the connectors too. I did both the bypass and installed the Vais adapter, and everything was as described. The pictures in the bypass post really help. If you have an '06, I can't imagine your's being different?? Good luck!

thanks for the help...got it to work...did you have any trouble ith the ipod skipping(screen)... or with the controls on the screen?

thanks for the help...got it to work...did you have any trouble ith the ipod skipping(screen)... or with the controls on the screen?

no screen problems, and it plays fine, but if you skip to a track manually (steering wheel button), about half of the time the song will pause (mute) a second about 3 or 4 seconds into the track. I think it has a problem buffering the song when the ipod hard drive moves to a future track. the good thing is that it is a clean mute so the speakers don't blast off and on, and it never does this during continuous play. my only grip with the ipod itself is that I have a lot of my live CDs on it, and the ipod puts a gap between tracks.

• 1 year later...
Hey Guys,

I am quite new to this forum and I am frustrated. Can you please tell me how to find the "sticky" post at the top of the forum that says DVD Bypass is finally here? I tried the SEARCH with no luck. "Help" is talking about Advanced Search but I do not see how to get the advanced search option. This website is cumbersome. Difficult to get around.

I am quite new to this forum and I am frustrated. Can you please tell me how to find the "sticky" post at the top of the forum that says DVD Bypass is finally here? I tried the SEARCH with no luck. "Help" is talking about Advanced Search but I do not see how to get the advanced search option. This website is cumbersome. Difficult to get around.

Assuming that you genuinely cannot figure out how to navigate the website, here is the way to get to the "sticky" or "pinned" posts...

- Scroll to the top of the page.

- Look for the directory that shows where you are in the Forum. It looks like this: Lexus Owners Club (USA & Canada) > Lexus Owners Club > Lexus GS300 / Lexus GS400 / Lexus GS430 / Lexus GS 460 > 06 - 09 Lexus GS300 / GS350 / GS430/ GS460

- Click on the 06 - 09 Lexus GS300 / GS350 / GS430/ GS460 section of that directory. That will take you to the topic listing of the section.

- Now look at the top of the listing, and you will find all of the "Sticky" or "Pinned" posts.

- The one you are looking for is the one called "DVD bypass is finally here".

- Click those words, and you will be able to read the topic.

ALL forums have the ability to make posts stay at the top of the listings. Depending on the software, that process might be called "Sticky" or "Pinned". The reason for that is to ensure that often-used or frequently-asked issue threads are easy to find...right at the top of the pile.

Not trying to be rude, man; but if you are having trouble navigating a forum and using search features, you really need to self-evaluate your chances of success with an advanced mechanical/electrical task like removing the MFD and doctoring wiring in your car. The consequences for !Removed! up can be vast. Seriously, there is no shame in taking your ride to a professional...

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do.