Gs 400 Grinding Sounds

hi,

i had the brake pads front and back, rotors front and back as well as the right front caliper replaced on my 98 gs 400. at slow speeds and under braking, while i move the steering wheel, i hear a metallic grinding sound from the right front. i had the brake work done because of this sound. any suggestions on what this sound could be?

Tia,

hi,

i had the brake pads front and back, rotors front and back as well as the right front caliper replaced on my 98 gs 400. at slow speeds and under braking, while i move the steering wheel, i hear a metallic grinding sound from the right front. i had the brake work done because of this sound. any suggestions on what this sound could be?

Tia,

Do a search on the forum dude.

This problem has been mentioned before. From memory, it has got to do with your brake fitting kits and/or shim kits that goes with the pads into your caliper. Did you change your fitting kits and/or shims when you got your brakes done?

I would advise you to do your fitting/shim kits first if not already done so and see how it goes.:cheers:

Hope this helps.