Winter Tires And Rims ?

Hi,

Canadian here from soon to be snowy canada.

I have the is250 with the 18" rims and summer tires from the factory.

We MUST have winter tires here.

Obviously I dont want to get 18s or use my rims this winter as they can get damamged by all the sand and salt that we put on our roads for adherence.

What i wanted to know is if I move down to a 16" configuration for the winter, what size tires should I get. and are there any peculiarities.

I will be buying rims and tires in the next week or two, any help would be most appreciated.

schitzo

montreal

Hi,

Canadian here from soon to be snowy canada.

I have the is250 with the 18" rims and summer tires from the factory.

We MUST have winter tires here.

Obviously I dont want to get 18s or use my rims this winter as they can get damamged by all the sand and salt that we put on our roads for adherence.

What i wanted to know is if I move down to a 16" configuration for the winter, what size tires should I get. and are there any peculiarities.

I will be buying rims and tires in the next week or two, any help would be most appreciated.

schitzo

montreal

I don't what to make any endorsements but.... www.tirerack.com would be a very good guide to find out what wheels and tire sizes are recommended.

Only alloy wheels seem to be available for our cars so the basic steel wheels are not an option.

I am going to do almost the same thing as you. I have 17" stock and plan to buy a complete wheel set with winter tires. We get some snow here in Illinois but also have plenty of dry winters too. I am getting a 17" package because I want to minimize any performance loses.

Don't forget that you will need another set of TPMS wheel sensors for your additional rims.

Also, you might want to move this post to the 'wheels and tires' forum to get more exposure.

Good luck