Audio Antenna

sainikai

i dont know it might be only my experince but aftermarket antennas brake like crazy. so what i did is i just cut the cable and now i pull it out manually. i know sometimes its embarrasing but i dont wanna pay 90$ for the antenna or 300$ for the whole assembly. in your case you can extend the antenna. spray it with WD40. wipe it. do it couple of times and it might help. you can use liquid wrentch as well. its either dirty or bent.

You just probably need a new mast, I purchased one from Lexus of St Louis for around $55. Easy replacement job. I would expect that you will have to remove the entire antenna unit though because the toothed nylon cable that runs internal to the mast that extends and retracts the mast is probably broken off and most of the cable is inside the antenna housing. Not an expensive or a hard job to repair using Lexus parts.

Curt

i am sure when i replaced my mast on my es it was only 30 something $ about 4 years ago

as i thought it wasn't extracting fully

until i installed the new one and found it is just he way some of the masts heights are different

which i alo bought form lexus