99 Rx 300

guito2007.lex

I turned on the heat this morning and the air blew only through the front dash vents. I directed the flow to the windshields but nothing happened. I used all types of settings but the air blew only through the front dash vents. I can not defrost my windshields; needless to say what is going to happen when it snows during winter. I searched but could not come accross a similar thread. What can I do to direct the air flow the way it is supposed to be. I did get either warm, hot, or cold air based on the settings but the air seemed to go only in one direction. Thanks.

sounds like the air control servo is not working. You could unhook the car battery for 10 minutes and reconnect and see if it fixes it, otherwise one of the servos is hung up...

sounds like the air control servo is not working. You could unhook the car battery for 10 minutes and reconnect and see if it fixes it, otherwise one of the servos is hung up...

I already did that and it did not fix the problem. Is replacing the air control servo a difficult thing to do? How much the part will cost? Is similar work being already done before, how much part(s) and labor had cost? Please confirm. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

While troubleshooting after reading this article I went outside and I can divert the flow of air but it's the loss of heat to the drivers side. There is air blowing out and it's not heated. The passenger side receives hot air. Anyone ever experience this scenario? Ha Ha, since I just purchased my RX300 I decided to take a look the filter and guess what I found? Yes, A mouse set up camp in the filter and I found it totaly clogged with dust and you do do.. I hope that fixes the loss of heat to the driver side. I'll find out on the way home.

I turned on the heat this morning and the air blew only through the front dash vents. I directed the flow to the windshields but nothing happened. I used all types of settings but the air blew only through the front dash vents. I can not defrost my windshields; needless to say what is going to happen when it snows during winter. I searched but could not come accross a similar thread. What can I do to direct the air flow the way it is supposed to be. I did get either warm, hot, or cold air based on the settings but the air seemed to go only in one direction. Thanks.

If you set the temperature to max heat or max cooling the system will ignore the sensors and simply drive the servomotors into the proper position. If that works then you have a failed or failing sensor.

If you set the temperature to max heat or max cooling the system will ignore the sensors and simply drive the servomotors into the proper position. If that works then you have a failed or failing sensor.

Would that be one of the two sensors under the glove box? The dealership I spokek with today suggested removing the lower console and checking the mouse cage doors and suspects that one of them is not working. They also noted servo motor/air control servo. Why would only the passenger side receive heat?

Holy crap....did you say a mouse was caught in your filter? You've got to be kidding me....in a Lexus????That is freaking hilarious!!!! You've got a servo problem or a mouse cage door problem. The flow is blocked somewhere along the lines....maybe another mouse.....HAHAHAHAAHA....that is freaking the best thing I heard all week...all be it Monday....

Holy crap....did you say a mouse was caught in your filter? You've got to be kidding me....in a Lexus????That is freaking hilarious!!!! You've got a servo problem or a mouse cage door problem. The flow is blocked somewhere along the lines....maybe another mouse.....HAHAHAHAAHA....that is freaking the best thing I heard all week...all be it Monday....

I was prepared for a mouse to jump out of the glove box but I guess it's long gone by now. Since the airflow is diverting correctly, I don't believe I have a motor problem under the glove box. I won't have to deal with freon lines blocking the second unit which I read from prior comments. The question is, I have loss of heat to the drivers side floor board and it was cold on the feetcies again this morning since it's 23 degrees here in CT. Has anyone delt with this type of isolated heat loss and what was the solution? Has anyone ever taken the lower console out to identify the faulty mouse cage door?