Anyone Ever Installed A Satellite Radio On The 90-94 Model?

90LS400Lexus

If so, where did you mount it and in general, what all modifications had to take place? I am wondering, because the 93' LS I am considering has one installed and its mounted on the driverside dash, on the lower right side. I am wondering what all modifications probabaly had to take place for this. Thanks!

No real modifications are necessary to the existing radio if you use a satellite reciever with an FM transmitter. Just the antenna (I just stick it on the roof in reach from the driver's side window) and the power (cigarette lighter) for the receiver. I use a suction cup mount and stick it to the windshield below the rear view mirror.

This way, I can use the receiver in different vehicles and I can quickly take it down and stow it in the glove box, console or trunk when parked.

If you want a "factory" installed look, that's something I can't help you with.

I just installed one in my '93 LS400. I pulled out the center console (radio, vents, ect) just to hide wires, but I mounted the receiver with a suction cup and used the inline FM modulator - installing it just behind the factory radio. Other than that, nothing at all to the vehicle - no modifications and it looks good. The only place that wires are visible is between the top of the center vents and the receiver (about 3 inches of exposed wire that had no possible hiding place without cutting)

I installed a Delphi RoadyXT in the ash tray compartment by removing the ash receiver. Mounting was accomplished by modifying the bracket for the radio and then epoxying in place. When parked, I remove the XM unit and close the ash tray compartment. The power cord for the unit was run under the console where it was connected to an auxiliary DC power jack. The antenna cable was run under the carpet and back seat to the trunk opening where it was mounted above the rear window. Other than a small hole drilled in the ash tray compartment, no mods were required and would be virtually impossible to detect if removed. I also use the FM modulator.

Let me know if anyone wants to see some pics and I will take a few and post.

Jeff

• 1 month later...
I installed a Delphi RoadyXT in the ash tray compartment by removing the ash receiver. Mounting was accomplished by modifying the bracket for the radio and then epoxying in place. When parked, I remove the XM unit and close the ash tray compartment. The power cord for the unit was run under the console where it was connected to an auxiliary DC power jack. The antenna cable was run under the carpet and back seat to the trunk opening where it was mounted above the rear window. Other than a small hole drilled in the ash tray compartment, no mods were required and would be virtually impossible to detect if removed. I also use the FM modulator.

Let me know if anyone wants to see some pics and I will take a few and post.

Jeff

I have a Roady & would love to see pictures on this