Stereo Troubles

silverlexusls400

HI, I am new to the forum and was unable to locate assistance with search.

One side of the car speakers are working intermittantly, thought mostly not. It is a Nikamachi system and one mechanic suggested that it is the head unit. Has ayone had this trouble? How do I establish if it is a loose wire, and where would it be??

Thanks very much,

Andrew

I have heard quite a few complaints on the Nikamachi brand systems. I myself have a Pioneer system in my(upgraded aftermarketed)and am quite pleased with it.

What I would have to say is that you should take out your head unit and check the wirings in the back and make sure nothing is disconnected or loose. If the speakers seem weak then it's probably that they are blown, you'll need to get new ones.

I would recommend just getting a whole new, nice system if you can afford it. They sound very nice in the LS400's since Lexus has so much dampening things in the car stock.

Just my ideas.

I have heard quite a few complaints on the Nikamachi brand systems. I myself have a Pioneer system in my(upgraded aftermarketed)and am quite pleased with it.

I would recommend just getting a whole new, nice system if you can afford it. They sound very nice in the LS400's since Lexus has so much dampening things in the car stock.

Just my ideas.

Can somebody recommend a place in California where I can get an aftermarket head unit that allows me to keep the original controls for the Lexus? I am not sure if such a place exists, but if it did, somebody in here would know. My understanding is that if you replace the head unit, then the easy to use controls are lost. My motivation is to get an auxilery jack for my iPod and XM.

Also, I have a Pioneer with cassette deck, with no CD.

I was told that based on the wiring, I cannot replace that with a used Nakamichi. But what about a Pioneer with a single disc changer built into the head unit? Can these be swapped with my existing head unit?

So many rules with the stereo...