Air Filter Change

When I had a BMW, way back in 2003, I was involved in the fire that evacuated my whole neighborhood. Thank goodness our home was spared, but many homes on my block were not. I had asked my dealership if I should change the air filter at that time, beings I had been in some heavy smoke, and they said no, which kind of astonished me, but I didn't change it.

Now that these fires have been happening in Southern California, I'm wondering, again, if I should change my air filter. I was not directly involved, per se, just driving through a lot of smoke in our wonderful valley here of the Inland Empire. Anybody of the opinion I should change it out? I've heard people saying to do so, on the radio, but I'm thinking those are probably for the people directly involved, like I had been back in '03.

Thanks!

When I had a BMW, way back in 2003, I was involved in the fire that evacuated my whole neighborhood. Thank goodness our home was spared, but many homes on my block were not. I had asked my dealership if I should change the air filter at that time, beings I had been in some heavy smoke, and they said no, which kind of astonished me, but I didn't change it.

Now that these fires have been happening in Southern California, I'm wondering, again, if I should change my air filter. I was not directly involved, per se, just driving through a lot of smoke in our wonderful valley here of the Inland Empire. Anybody of the opinion I should change it out? I've heard people saying to do so, on the radio, but I'm thinking those are probably for the people directly involved, like I had been back in '03.

Thanks!

Take the air and cabin filter out and look at them.If very dirty chage them or just do a change to give you peace of mind.Both filters are very easy to change and not very expensive.

Thanks, Joeb. Now, if I can just figure out where those filters are ........ (That's what the manual's for!!!!) ;)

The manual has step by step instructions on cabin filter change.The cabin filter access is in the back of the glove compartment.

The air filter is in a box toward the front on the passenger side of vehicle under the cover.

• 1 month later...