To Re-program Or Not, That Is The Question

jmrwd3

As with most RX 330s, there is a noticeable transmission lag at takeoff, we have just bought our used. Would getting the transmission re-flash or re-programmed help? My reasoning is that maybe the car was owned by a very conservative driver, and that the transmission adapted to their driving style. Just an idea. What do you all think? I still have about 1000 miles of warranty.

Shortly after acquiring my wife's current 2004 RX330 AWD in late January I had the latest firmware installed during a trip to the dealership service department for various fixes under the factory warranty. In our opinion the firmware upgrade improved the transmission shift, albeit only slightly. My 1999 Dodge Ram pickup shifts smooth as silk, and I realize that the RX series will never match my Ram's shifting capabilities (sad, isn't it?), but at least my wife isn't complaining anymore about the substandard shift quality in her RX....

So yes, go ahead with the firmware upgrade before your warranty runs its course....