Spare Tire

Ok, I'm a first time RX owner and I'm still checking things out and learning how to operate things. I'm big on maintaining things between service intervals and I was wondering how do you check the pressure in the spare tire without totally lowering the tire out of its storage place?

My tire pressure light kept coming on and I was told to check the spare. I just did this over the weekend. Sorry, Only one way, lower the tire. I put 35 lbs. in it and don't have the light coming on problem any longer.

George

My tire pressure light kept coming on and I was told to check the spare. I just did this over the weekend. Sorry, Only one way, lower the tire. I put 35 lbs. in it and don't have the light coming on problem any longer.

George

Oh well, I guess I'll do the same. I just thought with all the innovations available in a Lexus, surely there was an easier way to inflate the spare. Thanks for the reply.

Ok, I'm a first time RX owner and I'm still checking things out and learning how to operate things. I'm big on maintaining things between service intervals and I was wondering how do you check the pressure in the spare tire without totally lowering the tire out of its storage place?

I had the same question. I went to my Lexus dealer , who is close buy, and asked if I brought my car in would they check tire pressures on all tires if light came on for no charge. They said yes. Just another option if your dealer is close and will do for no charge.

Lexus should have set the spare up so you can inflate without lowering the tire.

• 2 years later...

You have got to be kidding me!

Just to reset an idiot light about tire pressure, I have to essentially remove the spare tire?

Maybe the logic is to make user maintenance so difficult you will pay the dealer to do it.

:censored:

• 3 weeks later...

Just to reset an idiot light about tire pressure, I have to essentially remove the spare tire?

Maybe the logic is to make user maintenance so difficult you will pay the dealer to do it.

No offense intended, but it goes with having the "SUV Image". You own a very nicely appointed Camry that looks like an SUV. Stuff like spare tires don't fit as nicely.

No offense intended, but it goes with having the "SUV Image". You own a very nicely appointed Camry that looks like an SUV. Stuff like spare tires don't fit as nicely.

I stored the spare so that the valve is towards tha back of the car. It makes it a lot easier to check/adjust presuure. Just lower the spare wheel, unscrew the valve cap, check/adjust pressure, replace the valve cap (don't lose it beneath the tire!!!), rewind up the spare tire carrier. I would suggest setting the spare at the highest authorized pressure.... it will last longer between adjustments (it takes months to deflate itself to the 'normal' psi), and it is easier to deflate a tire when you need to use it rather than inflate it if pressure is too low.