Error Code 13, Missing A Little In O.d.

A couple of days ago, I started to notice a small "miss" when driving on the freeway at about 65 or 70. The next day my check engine light came on. I pulled the codes as discribed in the forum (what would we do without the internet?), and got code 13. This seems to be the RPM sensor.

Is that the sensor on the front of the engine at the bottom? I think it is getting a signal from the crank shaft. The wires look ok, I guess I should pull the sensor and see what it looks like. Hoping to get some guidance.

John

A couple of days ago, I started to notice a small "miss" when driving on the freeway at about 65 or 70. The next day my check engine light came on. I pulled the codes as discribed in the forum (what would we do without the internet?), and got code 13. This seems to be the RPM sensor.

Is that the sensor on the front of the engine at the bottom? I think it is getting a signal from the crank shaft. The wires look ok, I guess I should pull the sensor and see what it looks like. Hoping to get some guidance.

John

I recently had this code and traced it to the right side camshaft sensor. The wiring actually. It is a little time comsuming to get to but not difficult. Looking at the engine, you will see 2 wires next to the themostat housing and it's connector trace them down to just under the passenger side camshaft/distributer housing; just above them belt tensioner pulley. If it is not the wires; it's the sensor. You can find it LEXUS_PARTS.COM.

GOOD LUCK.