Gs300 Or Gs430?!

I have the choice of getting a 2002 gs300 or a 2001 gs430 which one should I purchase? is it a big difference on gas milage on the 430 as opposed to the 300? and what features does the 430 have as opposed to the 300 im going to get either one of them by tuesday thanks

Well I know what I would be doing, if both cars check out good and they are close in price I would buy the GS430, you get the V8 4.3 L with 300 HP, and they aren't that much different in fuel costs. Both cars are great vehicles but I like my power. The other thing is that the GS430 might come with bigger wheels and tires depending on factory options ordered when new. The GS430 should have the trunk spoiler, some GS300 have them as well. The GS430 will have a couple of different options inside as well. Overall your buying a great car which ever one you purchase. Good luck with your purchase.

My 2 cents....

Dave

Well I know what I would be doing, if both cars check out good and they are close in price I would buy the GS430, you get the V8 4.3 L with 300 HP, and they aren't that much different in fuel costs. Both cars are great vehicles but I like my power. The other thing is that the GS430 might come with bigger wheels and tires depending on factory options ordered when new. The GS430 should have the trunk spoiler, some GS300 have them as well. The GS430 will have a couple of different options inside as well. Overall your buying a great car which ever one you purchase. Good luck with your purchase.

My 2 cents....

Dave

get the 430, I'm getting 22mpg with my GS400 and I only avg 42mph, so you can see I do some city driving.

I used to drive 2002 gs300, and after a rear-end accident 2003 gs430. In gs300, the average was 18-19 mpg. For gs430 it's 19-20 mpg. Both are for 50/50 city/hwy. In gs430 the mpg is on the center console display and I can pay more attention to crusing through busy traffic, thus save some gas. On freeway, gs430's mpg are better than gs300.

Also, when flooring on the gas paddle, I can feel .5 second of initial delay on gs430, whereas gs300 would just speed up and go, so gs300 feel more agile in that sense. However, once get past the delay, gs430 has *unlimited* power. Gs430's engine roars, gs300's engine screams. Both sound wonderful.

I'm also in the process of deciding between different models of the GS series. I had a GS300, and always felt like it deserved more power. How much difference in power do you really feel between the GS3 and the GS430? I know the specs, but I've never driven a 300HP car before, and not really sure if it's going to feel that much better than the 300 did. Anyone here be able to comment on what to expect out of the 430 compared to the 300?

I have a 2002 GS430 and I love the V8!! Period!!

My MPG averages are 22-23 around town with an average speed of 36 MPH, and when I drove the car from Boston to S. Carolina....I got 27 MPG per the on board navigation computer.

I agree with what was stated about the .5 delay with the gas pedal...the "drive by wire" does have a delay, but when you step on the gas...what a great sensation!!!

I Fear no one!! (luxury sedans that is) B)

I'm also in the process of deciding between different models of the GS series. I had a GS300, and always felt like it deserved more power. How much difference in power do you really feel between the GS3 and the GS430? I know the specs, but I've never driven a 300HP car before, and not really sure if it's going to feel that much better than the 300 did. Anyone here be able to comment on what to expect out of the 430 compared to the 300?

I have the 01 GS 430 and I have driven the GS 300 before. The 430 is smooth, quiet and very powerfull. You also get better gas mileage on the 430. I luv my GS 430. If you can afford the GS 430 I strongly recommend it.