Full Coilover Convertion...which One Should I Buy?

is200supra

I´m thinking in Full Coilover convertion for my IS200, same as IS300,

I´m thinking in:

Tein Flex.

GReddy TypeS

HKS RS

Tanabe SUSTEC PRO S-OC TYPE 2

G4 RACING COILOVERS

K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilover

D2 RS Coilovers

If anyone have a better option, just let me know.

Well, I'm not sure about some of the suspensions you have listed there, and though I'm about to sound like I work for or sell Tein, I can assure I don't. But I put Tein Premium Spec CS coilovers on my 2005 IS 300, and I think I nailed the perfect set up. I don't think I could ask for a better suspension system. It gives a quieter ride than stock, Steel Construction

• Mono Tube internal construction

• 16 way adjustable dampers, compression and rebound combined

• M.S.V. Technology for improved comfort

• Ride Height adjustable via spring seat

• Hardened Rubber upper mounts with silencer ring for increased steering feel

• Inverted design for strut type front and rear

• Teflon coated shock body

• EDFC Compatible

It's smooth and the I think a perfect fit and ride for this car. I'm very happy with it. I have it set 1 inch lower. I don't think anyone would not be happy with this set up unless you were looking for race only suspensions.

smooth, just curious, what made you choose the CS over say the FLEX or SS TEIN's? i was looking at going with the TEIN FLEX and EDFC for my 02 is300.

The super streets are way stiff. even though their adjustable, when you drive over thick painted lines on the road, it's jarring stiff. I wasn't happy with that. Great for the track though. And the Flex's are nice and better behaved on the street, but if your gonna go that route, then the CS is soooooo nice. The car rides quieter than stock on heavy textured roads. It handles the big bumps way better as the coilovers have a faster reaction time, so the car rumbles over the rough stuff, and then settles right away. And in heavy cornering, man, soooooooooooooooooooo much better than stock. I don't feel the car float in the corners at all!! You can feel the traction in the steering wheel. You know exactly how hard you can push it. And there is almost no body roll at all. And if your really into it, the CS is edfc compatable also. But unless your setting it up for specific tracks, and need to adjust for them, I think once you get the set up the way you want for the street, you won't be adjusting them anymore. So, I don't know, seemed like alot of money for very little real world use. I have mine set, and I don't think I will need to be messing with them anymore.

I guess one of the things that drew me to the IS 300 is the way it handles and rides. I mean the Impreza WRX is sporty and aggresive, and so is the Mitsu Evo, but I hate the way they ride!!!! So I made sure that in improving the handling and aggresiveness, I also maintained the sophisticated class ride the IS 300 is. And I felt the CS coilovers do thier jobs very well. I have to say I'm very happy with them.